PDA

View Full Version : Module records Speed, engine rpm, brakes and Trottle data

Dunkster
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Reading thur the manual I found this section in air bags 1-35.

So if you got in a accident wonder if the insurance company could demand the information in the module to determine whose fault it was or if the police could use it to prove you where driving reckless when the accident happen. I plan to drive safe so I am not worried but it makes you think.

Your vehicle is equipped with a crash sensing and
diagnostic module, which records information about the air bag system. The module records information about the readiness of the system, when the system commands air bag inflation and driver’s safety belt usage at deployment. The module also records speed, engine rpm, brake and throttle data.

-------------
Dunkster

Dunkster
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Reading thur the manual I found this section in air bags 1-35.

So if you got in a accident wonder if the insurance company could demand the information in the module to determine whose fault it was or if the police could use it to prove you where driving reckless when the accident happen. I plan to drive safe so I am not worried but it makes you think.

Your vehicle is equipped with a crash sensing and
diagnostic module, which records information about the air bag system. The module records information about the readiness of the system, when the system commands air bag inflation and driver’s safety belt usage at deployment. The module also records speed, engine rpm, brake and throttle data.

-------------
Dunkster

JJ
12-10-2002, 03:06 AM
That ain't nothing, wait til you see what the driving future holds for our grandkids...
A fully sensored highway and city street system which can communicate directly to the citation writing branch of your local law enforcement station. The sensors collect information on your vehicles speed and when exceeding the posted limit (above some who cares threshold) will send your registration information, time of day, ... to the enforcement station upon which you receive a citation in the mail. And we all thought that cameras mounted on signal lights was bad...

Oh, but theres more, our grandkids' kids will have their vehicles governed directly by the network of highway and city steet sensors thus maintaing an acceptable upper speed limit at all times.

Okay, so I've had a bit too much wine tonight however I'm telling you the technology is here and its only going to take some politician to suggest legislation and .....

JJ