PDA

View Full Version : quick question

FUTP
06-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Do the sut's compare to the the suv im about to trade mine off for a black sut and im wondering about the back window if it has problems or comfort with out air ride is a big difference ? any input would be great....

Badace
07-12-2009, 02:56 AM
He just asked a simple question. If you do not have a proper response, keep it to yourself. Smugness is not something to be proud of.

As to your answer, I have not heard anyone compain about their SUT window. If you like it better, go for it.

HummerJim
07-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I think it's just a matter of which looks you like the best. The SUT can be a pain if it rains with the back down, you're stuff and part of the insides will get wet. To be honest, I've only had the back down twice in over a year. What I love about the SUT is driving with the sunroof open, all the windows down to include the back window and feeling the wind blow through. With an SUV you can put on the gobi rack and haul a lot more in and outside than the SUT. The dealer will tell you the air ride makes no difference in the ride quality, but my rear end tends to differ with that. If you do any wheeling, you will love the ability to raise the rear with the air.

HummerMann
07-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd go with the one that is the best deal. I agree that driving around in the SUT with the sunroof open and side and back windows down is the closest thing to a stock Hummer convertible. If you like the SUT go for it!

BLKSUT
07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I would have to agree that driving with all windows down is great. The big reason I went with the Sut was the need to haul items you would not want in the passenger area at anytime. Don't have the air there wasn't one available with the Sadona interior.

Guinnessboy
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
i own the SUV and if i had to do it all over again i would have gotten the SUT.

Cazador
07-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I looked long and hard at both and went with the SUT. I love the openness when you've got all the windows down and sunroof open. I also love the utility of the bed. I do have the air ride.

Intercooled
07-13-2009, 11:35 PM
I have had both. I currently have th SUT witha GOBI bed rack. Like the the others have said the openess is awesome with the rear window down.
The bed is great for hauling stuff but there isnt alot of room. But I do like that I can get the bed dirty and just wash it out. I do sometimes miss the SUV for the larger rear cargo space and the jump seat, now that i have 3 kids. I went to bring my fishing rods up to our cabin in Maine and I had to open the rear window and lay them across the bed rack to fit them in. With the SUV you'll have more room for such items. But the SUT looks damn cool if you ask me. And dont see too many around.