PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Rear Carpet for 2003 H2

hognose
07-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Don't know if the carpet piece varies by year. But I am now in the market for a replacement piece of carpet for the rear of my 2003 H2.

Note: If your battery has "oxidation" at the positive terminal do NOT remove it, place in back of vehicle, install new battery, then hand key to wife who drives crazily around town........

Lesson Learned: "Oxidation" is actually the result of an Acid leak. Crazy driving results in battery instability in rear of vehicle, which in turn results in "fluid spill" (Read as Battery Acid) spilling onto carpet in rear of vehicle.

Battery Acid + Carpet = BAD.

Any Extra Rear carpets for sale? Not sure why anyone would have one laying around but it is worth a try as I am certain the Manuf price does not come with a reach around, though it probably should.

Thanks!

Chris

hognose
07-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Don't know if the carpet piece varies by year. But I am now in the market for a replacement piece of carpet for the rear of my 2003 H2.

Note: If your battery has "oxidation" at the positive terminal do NOT remove it, place in back of vehicle, install new battery, then hand key to wife who drives crazily around town........

Lesson Learned: "Oxidation" is actually the result of an Acid leak. Crazy driving results in battery instability in rear of vehicle, which in turn results in "fluid spill" (Read as Battery Acid) spilling onto carpet in rear of vehicle.

Battery Acid + Carpet = BAD.

Any Extra Rear carpets for sale? Not sure why anyone would have one laying around but it is worth a try as I am certain the Manuf price does not come with a reach around, though it probably should.

Thanks!

Chris