PDA

View Full Version : Hummer story on CNN Headline News

HeeHaw
11-30-2002, 03:32 AM
Just saw a story on the Hummer H2 which was very interesting.

It has a gulf war lead-in with some military Hum-Vees doing their thing. Then shows a short interview with a person test driving the Hummer and they had an on-board camera filming the test drive.

Short dealer interview stating that "this was a high end vehicle and they were a little concerened" about selling the Hummers. But as he stated, the dealers are suprised a sales.

Most interesting thing to me is the Survey results which they revealed.

The average buyer of the Hummer H2 is:

1. MALE (sorry hummergirl)
2. 41 years of age (exactly my age)
3. Makes $215,000.00 a year.

Best quote from the spot "Success has silenced the critics"................no kidding? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Any thoughts or anyone else seen the spot? I am currently searching CNN.com for the video. If I can see it, I can download it. No luck yet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HeeHaw
11-30-2002, 03:32 AM
Just saw a story on the Hummer H2 which was very interesting.

It has a gulf war lead-in with some military Hum-Vees doing their thing. Then shows a short interview with a person test driving the Hummer and they had an on-board camera filming the test drive.

Short dealer interview stating that "this was a high end vehicle and they were a little concerened" about selling the Hummers. But as he stated, the dealers are suprised a sales.

Most interesting thing to me is the Survey results which they revealed.

The average buyer of the Hummer H2 is:

1. MALE (sorry hummergirl)
2. 41 years of age (exactly my age)
3. Makes $215,000.00 a year.

Best quote from the spot "Success has silenced the critics"................no kidding? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Any thoughts or anyone else seen the spot? I am currently searching CNN.com for the video. If I can see it, I can download it. No luck yet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Steve R
11-30-2002, 05:47 AM
Very interesting stats on the buyers of the H2. In particular is the average income...I suspect it may be tainted much the like of peoples recorded weight on the drivers licenses. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

11-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Tainted? But skewed which way?

1. Male
2. 31
3. Hard to determine

MAC
11-30-2002, 07:13 PM
It is mostly MALE, not average buyers are MALE. Since there are est. 30% female buyers, as such there must be super macho male buyers to balance out the female factors to achieve “Average Male”, despite the fact that many Hummer female buyers maybe tomboys like Hummergirl and Kellymac. For every Hawaiian surf babe Hummer buyer, there must be a very macho hairy dude to compensate the imbalance. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/WBtazani.gif http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/kiss.gif
Which leads to the question of what determines a Hummer male buyer as Super macho, macho, average or sissy male? By length, by waistline or by body hair?

Steve R
12-01-2002, 06:32 AM
Good point MAC. Having given some thought to the issue, I feel I've generated a solid determining factor which can deliniate between a males 'manliness'. While it was a toss-up between the frequency of bathing, ability to consume beer and the incorpotation of excessive foul-language in daily speech....I've settled on one crowning factor:

Familiarity and ability to use power tools AND ease with which he can negotiate his way through Home Depot in various departments without help.

We hold these truths to be self-evident. Lord I'm in desperate need of therapy....and you guys intend to follow me into the wilderness?

Is this stuff really posted for the whole world to see???? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

HummerGirl
12-01-2002, 10:43 PM
Back up the Turnip Truck, cause a couple just fell off...

I have you know I spend $150 bucks a month on just hair and nails alone. Not to mention all the cash that goes to a massage every week.

Phew...it's a hard life living here on our lavish lakehouse spending all hubby's 450K a year salary.

Just because a female drives a Hummer does not automatically make her a Tomboy. Just because I am from Georgia does not automatically make me some redneck. Maybe because I am a Respiratory Therapist I actually like to get out and hike/bike/run/walk in nature rather than a stuffy gym to keep this girlie girl in shape after taking care of LAZY FAT A$$ Folks in the Cardiac Care Unit.

So ask your gardener to pick the thorns outta your A$$ and get a better attitude.

You come across as Thurston Howell.

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Southpark.gif

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

sheag
12-01-2002, 10:54 PM
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa Mac, I think you just got yer ass virtually kicked. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif That'll teach you to try and put us Hummer chicks in a box. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know, Hummergrrrrl, I think posts like yours rock but I'm not sure they help your girlie-girl image. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I don't think there's anything wrong with being a tomboy myself, although like you, I don't think I qualify. I hit the weights at Gold's, used to do triathlons,
obviously like to drive big rigs, but I also have a shoe fetish, a pink surfboard with matching bikini, and regularly paint my toenails.

I've read about a dozen different theories on the "type" of woman that buys an H2, from the weenie female driver who just wants to feel "safe" to the soccer mom who is tired of homogeny, to the tomboy with penis envy. While there may be isolated examples of all of these "types", in truth I don't think you can classify us at all except to say that we have impeccable taste in automobiles. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Shea

Zing
12-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Well, here we go again. I log on only to find a feud and Mac's right there in the middle of it. I saw your original post, Mac, and I knew Hummergirl was gonna come at you. Just be careful. Based on my little survey so far, 43% of the members of this forum are women. Women that own H2s. I don't think you want to get on their sh*t list. Which reminds me, I'm still waiting for you to fill out my survey so I can finally get to the bottom of those rumors Texas Red started about you being a girl. Where did we end up on that? Reports of a cute blonde girl driving a black H2 with a disco light 18 miles south of San Fran, and you advising me to get leather seats still have me thinking. But that's a whole other issue.

My 2c on the subject of the sexes: Men and women are very different and often can't understand each other. There are differences to embrace and both deserve respect. A women should allow for a man to be a man and not try to change him. A man should respect a women's intelligence but also indulge her femininity. No matter if she's a girly girl or a tomboy. This is good advice for all relationships, not just Hummer forums. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HUMMERDOGG
12-02-2002, 01:32 AM
For all the men on the forum, please note:

tomboy=bad descriptive for female h2 owner

Texas Red
12-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Mac has apparently never met a real Georgia Peach.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

MAC
12-02-2002, 02:46 AM
My wife was a tomboy, so her classmates claimed during her reunions. Said she used to chase and beat up some tough guys. Hard to imagine that, but she's quite proud of that. Tomboys are cute and sexy, I think.

kelleymac2000
12-02-2002, 02:51 AM
Not true for me here. I'm all girl, but when I drive my Hummer, instead of being 5'5" and 120, I'm 6'2" and 225. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm a total tomboy. I'll play any of you boys at your own game and probably beat you at it. No hard feelings here Mac...from one "mac" to another. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HUMMERDOGG:
For all the men on the forum, please note:

tomboy=bad descriptive for female h2 owner<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MAC
12-02-2002, 02:54 AM
Who's Thurston Howell?

Hummergirl, Too bad you are not a tomboy. I cannot resist a tomboy, especially with very short haircut. Must be the turkey or beer or too busy counting the money, Hummergirl is slowing down, she used to be able to snap back instantly.

Steve R
12-02-2002, 03:33 AM
Forget Barbie!!! When I grow up I want to be Hummergirl. I love this women! How does she get all those graphics on her post???

Shea is like a dream come true...an intelligent successful women driving a Hummer and living in paradise. Hello??? Does it get any better???

And don't even get me started on KelleyMac....rumor has it (from my bud Gary) that her appeal will drop ya like a heart attack. We're talking center-fold material.

Kim's an attorney, that takes some serious brains and I respect that. Besides, she came to my rescue and always has lucid perceptions on issues.

Let's not be too hard on MAC though... he really didn't mean it that way (even though he typed it). I suspect he meant that you gals were sorta wild, outgoing, and daring enough to want a powerful, awesome machine like the H2.

Happy family, happy family

MAC
12-02-2002, 03:43 AM
TRY THIS SITE.
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/ [img http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/bart-moon.gif[/img]

MAC
12-02-2002, 03:45 AM
ooops, that didn't work. try again. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/bart-moon.gif http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/Itchscratch.gif

HummerGirl
12-02-2002, 04:59 AM
No Mac I don't think you quite understand the post...it was merely a reflection of your usual arrogant postings. Gee let's see you often remind us daily or weekly so we won't forget....

1. you live in high $$ N. California where you live in a strict covenent environment and no one even knows their neigbors.
2. you have a gardener
3. you battle your day in tough corporate board rooms...yawn..
4. it is beneath you to wave at anyone in your H2
5. anything other than leather just won't do
6. and it's just too hard to keep all those cars you own cranked at least once a week.

On more than one occasion in your posts you have referred to me as a tomboy or Dike and I am sick and tired of being categorized as one when it was totally uncalled for. Your generalized assumptions really sum up my idea of what folks out in Corporate California are like.

You have attacked me from the moment I stepped on this forum trying to belittle my postings or get a step up on them cause I am female and drive an H2. Sorry, I have a brain and it likes to be challenged in many ways through braun or hard work and that does not make me a Tomboy.

sorry for being so "slow"...I've been busy takin' my h2 for some off-roading during my holiday.

~amy

MAC
12-02-2002, 05:41 AM
Well, I thought it was all for fun, and everyone was having a good time laughing at me, not you, but I guess I was mistaken. I thought I have been very careful not to touch on personal background, I deleted or refrained from most of my thoughts or comments, personal information was reviewed and used only as needed in selected comments, but I guess our 2 months of online conversation allowed me accidentally slipped too much, everything you pointed out were just tidbits and backgrounds from many posts about something else. I am indeed surprised that anyone remembers them, I mistakenly thought I did enough to camouflaged them, and it is certainly regrettable that they have been viewed from a very different perspectives than I anticipated and intended; I have been too comfortable and too confident in my small world, which is where I shall remain. Let it be.

HeeHaw
12-02-2002, 03:23 PM
Look what happens? Are still friends?

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

HummerGirl
12-02-2002, 03:42 PM
well I am back to my usual stuff...
http://home.earthlink.net/~thecelestialbath/soccermom.gif

~amy

HummerGirl
12-02-2002, 03:44 PM
and my dad swore Art school was a bad idea!!!

~amy

Steve R
12-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Let's back up a moment here....MAC has a gardener?

I've gone through a 'flame-war' on another list...it's just not a good thing. It would be a good idea for people to post their email addresses so that they can take 'issues' offlist in order to resolve them outside the forum.

I really don't think MAC meant to hurt anyone, but I'll be honest; he's not going to be writing cards for Hallmark.

I tend to re-read my post before I click on the button to send them on their way, the forum is only fun when everybody enjoys it. Humor can often be misinterpreted, and humor aside...people often say things that are a bit harsh. Let's keep it friendly. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HummerGirl
12-02-2002, 05:54 PM
I agree.

anyhoo...

let's talk boats Steve...we are looking for something to use here on the lake and at the beach which is only 2 hours away from our house.

Any suggestions...we might move this to off topic.

But we did the right thing in buying the "horse" before the carriage!!!

~amy

Steve R
12-02-2002, 06:03 PM
If you willing to make the drive, you can practically have my boat! It's not much, a 16' tri-full with 75hp Mercury outboard in near new condition. It's awesome on the lake, and the previous owner used it a bit in the ocean too!

I still wanna be hummergirl when I grow up!

HeeHaw
12-02-2002, 06:07 PM
Can you make one with a CHevy and one with a FORD? That would be cool.

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HummerGirl
12-02-2002, 06:12 PM
what kind of Ford do you want...?

The Jeep is next....but I don't know...I kind of like Jeeps...almost Hate to do that one!!

Will make the image a little smaller next time for folks that want to borrow it when I am through with it....

here is the other one that I made this morning...

http://home.earthlink.net/~thecelestialbath/emotihummer.gif

~amy

kelleymac2000
12-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Hey Mac, don't bail on the forum. The internet is a funny thing. The anonymity, combined with the wide distribution can make people a little quick to judge. I think I know where you live up here, and it's not far from me. (BH?) Either way, I suspect that your posts were not intended to hurt, and I think your humor is a good thing here. Amy sounds a lot like me, a tough, feisty woman who stands her ground, and I respect her for doing so. That said, I don't think it's anyone's intention to drive you from this forum.

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Well, I thought it was all for fun, and everyone was having a good time laughing at me, not you, but I guess I was mistaken. I thought I have been very careful not to touch on personal background, I deleted or refrained from most of my thoughts or comments, personal information was reviewed and used only as needed in selected comments, but I guess our 2 months of online conversation allowed me accidentally slipped too much, everything you pointed out were just tidbits and backgrounds from many posts about something else. I am indeed surprised that anyone remembers them, I mistakenly thought I did enough to camouflaged them, and it is certainly regrettable that they have been viewed from a very different perspectives than I anticipated and intended; I have been too comfortable and too confident in my small world, which is where I shall remain. Let it be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kelleymac2000
12-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Amy:

I have some suggestions as we just bought our boat earlier this summer. If you want, email me offlist...checking right now to be sure my email address is posted. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummergirl:
I agree.

anyhoo...

let's talk boats Steve...we are looking for something to use here on the lake and at the beach which is only 2 hours away from our house.

Any suggestions...we might move this to off topic.

But we did the right thing in buying the "horse" before the carriage!!!

~amy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HUMMERDOGG
12-03-2002, 12:34 AM
So is MAC really gone??? He was by far the leader in posts on the forum. I was eagerly awaiting his 500th post to have some type of party or something...

Steve R
12-03-2002, 06:10 AM
sometimes people freak-out when you hold a mirror upto them. Maybe he's hanging out with Wes? There's a lesson to be learned here...estrogen & Hummers make for a very powerful combination!! (Don't 'dis' the ladies).

He really had a gardener??

JCJ
12-03-2002, 09:49 AM
I hear there is another Forum out there, which is published once a month quite some years now. The posts/letters always start with: "Dear Forum". And there are some nice pictures in there too, especially in the center. Might remind some of us of the air vents in our H2. And forget cracked transmissions...