PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel color different now?

Hum-T
11-22-2002, 08:23 PM
Well, I'm coming up on one week with the "beast" (pet name for my Hummer H2) and I absolutely, positively love this thing. Everything about it makes me enjoy driving again.

I just noticed something different however. My steering wheel is ALL dark brown, both the wheel itself, and the center portion (where you push for the horn). I know very well, after looking at literally hundreds of pitures, that it is always been shown with a two-tone wheel...dark on the outside and a light brown (tan) center portion.

I called the dealer and he said all the H2's they are receiving now have the one color steering wheel. Just wondering if any of you are seeing the same with the recent releases.

Either way, I'm still as happy as a kid in a BIG ol' candy store! I really liked the look of that two-tone though.

Hum-T
11-22-2002, 08:23 PM
Well, I'm coming up on one week with the "beast" (pet name for my Hummer H2) and I absolutely, positively love this thing. Everything about it makes me enjoy driving again.

I just noticed something different however. My steering wheel is ALL dark brown, both the wheel itself, and the center portion (where you push for the horn). I know very well, after looking at literally hundreds of pitures, that it is always been shown with a two-tone wheel...dark on the outside and a light brown (tan) center portion.

I called the dealer and he said all the H2's they are receiving now have the one color steering wheel. Just wondering if any of you are seeing the same with the recent releases.

Either way, I'm still as happy as a kid in a BIG ol' candy store! I really liked the look of that two-tone though.

KAC
11-23-2002, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HumT:
Just wondering if any of you are seeing the same with the recent releases.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pick mine up in 6 hours (not that I'm counting or anything!) - I'll let you know what color mine is. Mine was built the week of 11/11.

Kim

KAC
Red Adv Series ordered 9/14/2002
Delivery scheduled for 11/23/2002

KAC
11-24-2002, 11:35 PM
mine is one solid color too.

Kim

KAC
Red Adv Series ordered 9/14/2002
Delivery scheduled for 11/23/2002

Big Red 1
11-25-2002, 02:35 AM
I have the Lux Pkg, and my steering wheel is 2-tone. I wonder if the color varies from the lux pkg to the adv pkg?

H2-T2
11-25-2002, 11:48 AM
I have lux package, built 11/11. Picked up at dealer on 11/23. Steering wheel is one solid color.

Hum-T
11-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Mine is a Lux package also with the one solid color. Not sure why they would change that? Thanks for the input guys!

KAC
11-27-2002, 01:03 PM
Here's a photo of the single color steering wheel:

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series

KAC
11-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Here's a photo of the single color steering wheel:

It's not a great shot since it was taken to show the nav system monitor.

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series

JCJ
11-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Hi. My H2 is a Lux white, delivered mid August and has the two colored steering wheel w/ center having same color as center console and leather of seats. I find this very nice.
One question: What's the knob on back (left corner) of the roof console? Hands-free cell mic?

MAC
11-27-2002, 02:45 PM
I have 2 tone colors. I think you can just pull out the center plastic piece and replace. I tried and seemed easy, but I did not pull it all the way off.

KAC
11-27-2002, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCJ:
Hi. My H2 is a Lux white, delivered mid August and has the two colored steering wheel w/ center having same color as center console and leather of seats. I find this very nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to be a very recent change - the dealer seemed surprised when I pointed it out, he hadn't noticed. I wouldn't have except that it was pointed out here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>One question: What's the knob on back (left corner) of the roof console? Hands-free cell mic?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the microphone for the nav system which is voice activated.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series

Allen
11-28-2002, 07:00 PM
I have a Yellow H2 w/ adv pack. and my sterring wheel is 2 tone. Where did you get the nav system? How much?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

dricksar
11-28-2002, 09:40 PM
Mine is also solid black color picked it up at the dealers last 11/21/02. Still drives great the color does not bother me it's still is one hell of a beast.

JCJ
11-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Check out:

http://www.demandmotorsports.com/MM006.ASP?i=&pageno=121&start=10&aProds=

Doesn't the Trailblazer steering wheel look like ours? How about those two tones? Cool!

I am not sure I would like the one planned for Hummer H2: Titanium Silver/Black leather.

KAC
11-30-2002, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen:
Where did you get the nav system? How much?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a thread with all of the info about my nav system and more photos: nav system (http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=7716076171)

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series