PDA

View Full Version : I know people are going to call me crazy but...Its possible to get back to air ride?

love dodge
03-06-2010, 01:50 AM
I finally got an h2..the color i wanted,the options i wanted,not too bad mileage and a good price..But the previous owner wasn't a car guy so the first time he got himself into air ride suspension problems the guy at the dealer talked him out to switch to regular springs...(bastard).
So now i got his truck but with the springs conversion but i want the air ride..is this possible?
I know the service was done at the dealer and he was robbed at 1600 grand for the service but now i dont have the feature for inflating the stuff...I dont even know if the compressor still there...

Hellz
03-06-2010, 04:55 AM
well i would first look under the rear end to see if the compressor is still there.

If so, you may have saved about $800 to $900 on that.

If not.. check out on ebay, and forums.

im not too sure on the wiring myself, but i imagine the wiring should still be in place.. just need to replace the relay switchs, and double check all the airlines.. and oh ya, buy some airbags for the rear end...

i think if you revesed everything back, it might cost about the same amount the original owner paid to get it put in.. bout $1600 thats assuming you buy everything new, and you do the labor.

first tho, you have to find out what you still have in your rig, and what condition it is in.