PDA

View Full Version : need some help from the H1 people on here

cdmintmi
03-16-2010, 12:00 AM
been looking to get a "real hummer" to go along with me H3. Found this on craigs list http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1616459184.html just wondering if that was a good deal or not

ssgharkness020147
03-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Anytime you are looking at and H1/Humvee you need to get a PPI. See if you could get it to Kascar in SC, otherwise Independence HUMMER might be worth checking out (not sure if they'll look over a Humvee).

HummerJim
03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
You do know that military Humvees don't have VINs and can't be licensed for street use, don't you?

JustinOK
03-22-2010, 02:44 AM
You do know that military Humvees don't have VINs and can't be licensed for street use, don't you?

Actually, there are some that made it into non-government hands with clear and clean titles that are good to go. They range from 1985 to about 1989 (?) year models. After that is when the government put the kabosh on HMMWVs being sold to civilians.

I missed the craigslist ad, was it for a HMMWV or a HUMMER?

audiofetish
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM

Not true. It is very easy in most states to get a title. I have lots of buddies with HMMWVs. I had been thinking about buying one for a while but, can?t convince the wife.

HummerMann
03-26-2010, 01:49 AM
How can you license a vehicle for road use if you don't have a VIN? I've heard of military verification VINS in New York, for tanks and WWII Jeeps, but I have no idea what a militrary verification VIN is.

JollyRoger
07-23-2010, 06:00 AM
I had a HMMWV. IT was originally a Marine Corps vehicle, had the form 97 which released it, they don't have VINs but they DO have SERIAL numbers. THe Serial number will allow a state DMV to assign a VIN that they generate, then you can title it.

Except in Arizona where some A$$HOLE from the DMV is trying to make it impossible, and making up his own rules.