PDA

View Full Version : SUT Rear Window

HummerJim
03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
My rear window won't go up or down on my SUT. I'm thinking it's a fuse, but I can't locate any fuse that says rear window and everything else seems to be working fine. Anyone know where that fuse is?

H2BossHog
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I had the same thing happen, dealship fixed it under warrenty, said is was a bad switch and something about the wiring, I'll see if I can find the reciept from that visit.

Easy Ed
03-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Inside fuse panel.

From a 2005 owners manual on page 5-105.

Circuit Breaker, AUX PWR 2, Midgate Controller (SUT Only)

Maybe ???

HummerJim
03-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks! I found it and the fuse is fine. Just to be safe though I replaced it with a new one. I'm going to have to schedule a visit to Lynch.

OrangeCrush
03-19-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm sure I'm stating the obvious but did you fold the rear window panel at all?

I ask that because many times I've folded the rear panel down and when I put it up, I didn't "click" it in all the way in and it didn't allow the window to go up or down.

Like I said, probably obvious but sometimes....

Mark

HummerJim
03-19-2010, 01:44 PM
That was it. I hauled some 2 X 4s two weeks ago and thought I had put the back up tight. This morning I went out laid it down and put it back up and voila, the window works again! It looked like it was closed tight and there was no air noise, or maybe some switch just needed to be recontacted. It just needed a good shove to lock into place I guess. You saved me a trip - thanks - diesel man.

OrangeCrush
03-19-2010, 01:55 PM
That was it. I hauled some 2 X 4s two weeks ago and thought I had put the back up tight. This morning I went out laid it down and put it back up and voila, the window works again! It looked like it was closed tight and there was no air noise, or maybe some switch just needed to be recontacted. It just needed a good shove to lock into place I guess. You saved me a trip - thanks - diesel man.

No problem Jim, I didn't want to sound like I was insulting you but sometimes in our haste, the simple obvious things escape us.

Glad it worked out.

Mark (aka diesel man...lol)

PS. Didn't you have a light on the dash showing anything? I would have thought that either a light on the dash would show or your dome light wouldn't shut off.

HummerJim
03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Didn't notice any light. I have my interior lights either deactivated or removed. They draw mosquitoes and bugs from the Lake by the dozens at night when you open the doors.