PDA

View Full Version : XM Alert: 100% Commercial-Free Music

Klaus
01-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Dear XM Subscriber:

First, from all of us at XM, thank you for being a valued member of the XM family.

From every vantage point XM had a spectacular 2003. Ending the year with over 1.36 million subscribers, XM Satellite Radio is one of the fastest growing entertainment media ever. Building on this tremendous momentum, we're delighted to announce several programming content enhancements in 2004 we know you're going to love.

First, XM will offer 100% COMMERCIAL-FREE MUSIC beginning February 1st. With 68 commercial-free music channels, XM will deliver the most commercial-free music in satellite radio. From Rock to Jazz, Classical to Hip-Hop, Country to R&B, you'll now enjoy more of the music you love, without commercial interruption.

Complementing the move to 100% commercial-free music will be the debut of exciting new channels, including:
* Highway 16 - Today's top Country Hits - Ch. 16
* The Blend - Adult Contemporary Hits - Ch. 25
* Fungus - Punk Rock - Ch. 53
* Lucy - Classic Alternative Hits - Ch. 54
* MSNBC - Global and national news - Ch. 130

We are also pleased to announce the launch of XM INSTANT TRAFFIC & WEATHER. Powered by Traffic Pulse and The Weather Channel, XM Instant Traffic & Weather will offer listeners in-depth, up-to-date information about road and weather conditions in 21 major metropolitan markets nationwide, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing greater detail and more frequent updates than available elsewhere on the radio. The first 15 metropolitan markets are available beginning March 1st. You can visit http://traffic.xmradio.com to hear report samples and learn more about this wonderful new XM service.

There's more good news. 100% Commercial-free music, exciting new programming content, Instant Traffic & Weather - all will be included as part of your basic subscription. There are no new charges or fees.

To accommodate these many exciting enhancements, some channels will change number, category, and/or format, or will be eliminated.
* MTV (ch. 25) and VH1 (ch. 26) will move from Hits to Variety (ch. 155 and 156, respectively).
* Spirit (ch. 63) will move from Urban to Christian (ch. 33)
* Fine Tuning (ch. 104) will move from World to Rock (ch. 49)
* XM Live (ch. 168) will move from Variety to Hits (ch. 26)
* We will no longer carry Special X (ch. 30), Aguila (ch. 90), Vibra (ch. 92), and Tejano (ch. 93).

A new channel lineup card will be mailed to you later this month. For more information about all the changes and to view a new channel lineup immediately, please visit http://lineup.xmradio.com.

Thank you again for your valued patronage and for making XM #1 in Satellite Radio.

Best Regards,
The XM Team

Klaus
01-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Dear XM Subscriber:

First, from all of us at XM, thank you for being a valued member of the XM family.

From every vantage point XM had a spectacular 2003. Ending the year with over 1.36 million subscribers, XM Satellite Radio is one of the fastest growing entertainment media ever. Building on this tremendous momentum, we're delighted to announce several programming content enhancements in 2004 we know you're going to love.

First, XM will offer 100% COMMERCIAL-FREE MUSIC beginning February 1st. With 68 commercial-free music channels, XM will deliver the most commercial-free music in satellite radio. From Rock to Jazz, Classical to Hip-Hop, Country to R&B, you'll now enjoy more of the music you love, without commercial interruption.

Complementing the move to 100% commercial-free music will be the debut of exciting new channels, including:
* Highway 16 - Today's top Country Hits - Ch. 16
* The Blend - Adult Contemporary Hits - Ch. 25
* Fungus - Punk Rock - Ch. 53
* Lucy - Classic Alternative Hits - Ch. 54
* MSNBC - Global and national news - Ch. 130

We are also pleased to announce the launch of XM INSTANT TRAFFIC & WEATHER. Powered by Traffic Pulse and The Weather Channel, XM Instant Traffic & Weather will offer listeners in-depth, up-to-date information about road and weather conditions in 21 major metropolitan markets nationwide, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing greater detail and more frequent updates than available elsewhere on the radio. The first 15 metropolitan markets are available beginning March 1st. You can visit http://traffic.xmradio.com to hear report samples and learn more about this wonderful new XM service.

There's more good news. 100% Commercial-free music, exciting new programming content, Instant Traffic & Weather - all will be included as part of your basic subscription. There are no new charges or fees.

To accommodate these many exciting enhancements, some channels will change number, category, and/or format, or will be eliminated.
* MTV (ch. 25) and VH1 (ch. 26) will move from Hits to Variety (ch. 155 and 156, respectively).
* Spirit (ch. 63) will move from Urban to Christian (ch. 33)
* Fine Tuning (ch. 104) will move from World to Rock (ch. 49)
* XM Live (ch. 168) will move from Variety to Hits (ch. 26)
* We will no longer carry Special X (ch. 30), Aguila (ch. 90), Vibra (ch. 92), and Tejano (ch. 93).

A new channel lineup card will be mailed to you later this month. For more information about all the changes and to view a new channel lineup immediately, please visit http://lineup.xmradio.com.

Thank you again for your valued patronage and for making XM #1 in Satellite Radio.

Best Regards,
The XM Team

H2BIG
01-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Klaus - do you work for XM or are you just an avid user? Don't mind either way, my XMSR stock is going into orbit!

Brian
03 Pewter H2 Lux, Sunroof, Airaid filter/MIT, Nology Wires, Corsa Touring

Klaus
01-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Nope, I don't work for XM. I just like it.

Klaus

Skull & Bones Member since 2003

DURAMAX TIM
01-09-2004, 09:49 AM
I have just started listening to XM, my last truck came w/ it.
150 comedy is pretty good.

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
04 Chevy D/A CC SLT LB

Detonate
01-09-2004, 10:44 AM
My wife got it on her new Yukon. So far I haven't been impressed with it. Well, I'm impressed with the technology, and the concept. I just can't find a station with music I like on it.

------------------------------
North Texas Hummer Team Member
http://www.redreefscuba.com/hummer/ht.jpg (http://www.hummerteam.com/)
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.

Klaus
01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Being a fan of movies, I really like Cinemagic. During Thanksgiving, they played only James Bond soundtracks, with dialog from the movies mixed in.

Klaus

Skull & Bones Member since 2003

Navigator
01-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Thats great i was really getting sick of the same commercials over and over.

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)