PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Noise..

KorkedBatz
10-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I know there has been talk on this before...but when I am driving I get alot of noise coming from the sunroof area. Seems to be from the sunroof visor. Any ideas? Thanks

KorkedBatz
10-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I know there has been talk on this before...but when I am driving I get alot of noise coming from the sunroof area. Seems to be from the sunroof visor. Any ideas? Thanks

VTSTOMPER
10-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Do you have load bars on your truck? If so how close are they to your sun roof?

KorkedBatz
10-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes I do. I would say they are fairly close to the back of the sun roof. Would that be the cause of the problem?

devilsfan
10-10-2005, 10:25 PM
It might be your windshield. It often sounds like the sunroof (I tightened the crap out of my visor before figuing out it was the A pillar)....I know 03 H2s had this problem a lot, the moulding would come loose. Dealer will fix for free.

Stacy

VTSTOMPER
10-10-2005, 11:45 PM
so much for my load bar idea!!

Dan
10-11-2005, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
so much for my load bar idea!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the bar!

VTSTOMPER
10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
nice! I am digging that .gif!

devilsfan
10-11-2005, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm This:
When I close the sun-roof cover, the sound dampens a little. So its coming from the sunroof no? Or was this still the deal with yours Stacy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, I can't remember. I don't think I had the sunroof open much then (100F summer). But it took a LOT of convincing from this board to make me check the pillar - it definitely sounded like the sunroof, but once the dealer fixed the pillar, no more noise.

Stacy