PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Cutouts

frontside720
08-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Does anyone have them?

They claim 10+ extra HP but is there really any gain?

I'm looking for a little better sound then my Corsa Touring.

Did a search and I couldn't find too much info on it? Not sure if cutouts are the best thing if you wheel.

codered
08-18-2010, 06:09 AM
You will gain an extra 10-15hp with having cutouts. But really they are for muscle cars and racing. Your hummer would be loud as hell and to me would get annoying if you are wheelin. They are not for all day every day driving. If you do get them make sure you get electric ones so you dont have to manually open them.

IRA51
08-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Maybe Kool on a 50 Merc led sled ,but just plain obnoxious on an H2.

guruerror
08-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Does anyone have any audio clips to post? I'd like to hear how 'obnoxious' it really sounds.

frontside720
08-20-2010, 02:02 AM
There's none on youtube.

I agree it may sound obnoxious but in case you haven't noticed... that's what Hummers are.

There is a time and a place for everything and sitting at a light beside a minivan with kids taking a nap in it may not be the right time.

But sitting at a light after some thick bushed Prius driving bitch gives me the middle finger is a perfect time. (got the first one yesterday)

guruerror
08-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Agreed! I get more than a few of the middle fingers from Prius folks here in the DC area.

It would be fun to shake them up once in a while.

SqwkVFR
08-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I had electric cutouts on my '05 GTO. LS2 6.0 with SLP longtube headers. Cutouts were about 4 inches after the header collector and before the cats. Closed, you can still hear a very slight difference almost like a tiny leak. Open they were LOUD! I'm talking NASCAR loud. It was sooo worth it when I'd get a ricer or neon pull up and start reving the fart can. On the H I wouldn't bother. You won't have them open often enough to use any power gained. They are obnoxious. And the H isn't fast anyways.

jmanley
08-22-2010, 02:05 AM
I have electric exhaust cutouts on my 72 Mustang, and I use them for racing (and occasionally freaking out the rice burners). It is NOT appropriate (and illegal) to use them on the street. I use them mainly at the drag track.

One more thing to consider - when opened and free-flowing, you're H2 is going to run lean - how much depends on RPM and where you install them. It can be dangerous to your exhaust system.

MRDM1
08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I DONT THINK YOU WANT TO RIDE 24/7 THIS LOUD but i seen like an automatic door for the cutouts to lower the noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OewPr_0g_w0