PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help With Air Suspsension Please

Mike J.
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Hello all:

I am new to this site as I just bought a 2003 H2 a few months ago and just heard of this forum. I have my service air suspension come on once in awhile. I have read the past posts on this issue but it does not seem to help. When I raise the suspenion it stays up until I hit the speed for it to return to the normal ride height. It sometimes leaks off when parked at normal ride height, when on an incline it seems to leak off and take longer to pump up. I have just taken it to the local GM dealer who just spent all day with it and it would not drop or even display a DTC for anything in the air suspension section of their code reader as well all lines and both air shocks are not leaking as the dealer checked this out as well. I picked the truck up and on my way home the service air suspension came on again, and I drove it back..... the minute I placed the truck in park the display disappeared and the suspension was was still up and no DTC was found when scanned again. Has anyone else had issues such as this? Does anyone know what I could do? that is other than change it out for coils.

Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated......

Bimmer9938
08-19-2010, 01:54 AM
If you read the owners manual, the 2" lift when raised will go back to the normal position once the vehicle has reached 35+ mph.

Mike J.
08-19-2010, 11:09 AM
BIMMER:

Thanks for your reply however I do realize this, I do not have the problem when I raise the suspension, it's when it is at the normal height position that I have been getting the service message while driving and it seems to leak off occasionally when parked. Have you had/ or anyone else had these problems? Like I previously mentioned the dealer has scanned my truck and no codes are registering, but the message disappears when I place the truck into neutral and park.

IRA51
08-19-2010, 11:11 PM
At this point the Bags (if they have not been replaced already ) are probably leaking . New bags are about $200.00 for a pair ,and easy to replace .