PDA

View Full Version : New sound

Faustus100
10-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi guys-
I have an 03 H2 and a couple of days ago i started hearing an awful loud screech on start up.It goes away as soon as I start up,but it sounds awful and its pretty loud!My wife says it sounds like its coming from toward the back.Any ideas? Im really concerned-I love my H more than anything!!!!

twr
10-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi are you sure its coming from the back? if its the front check the belt and idler pulley.

Faustus100
10-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah I used my auto starter and it sounded like underneath and maybe rear.But thanks-Ill check it out:beerchug:

twr
10-02-2010, 03:05 PM
It could also be the starter staying engaged?

Faustus100
10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah maybe-I only used my auto start to see if I could get a fix on the sound.
Ill take her in on Monday to check it out.Doesnt happen all the time just some time.If I turn the truck off and turn it back on -after a time or 2 it goes away.

Scarsman
10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah maybe-I only used my auto start to see if I could get a fix on the sound.
Ill take her in on Monday to check it out.Doesnt happen all the time just some time.If I turn the truck off and turn it back on -after a time or 2 it goes away.

Sounds kind of like a belt squealing. After starting it a few times or letting it run, the belt warms up and gets better "traction" on the pullies. I would check the belt and idler, and also the pther pulies. Make sure it is tight and you don't have a bearing going out in anything.