PDA

View Full Version : New rebuilt Tranny slips in D and 3.

franke08
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi, I am from Germany and have a problem with my rebuilt ( 3 month ago) tranny. I was on the highway and suddenly RPM was 5000 and the tranny was hot (200). Could not accelerate. In 2. Gear everything was fine. I have taken the car back to the mechanist. He opened the tranny and everything inside was fine and looked like new. What can be the reason for the slipping? Its only in D and in 3. In 2. gear it works normal and its not to hot. Is it a electrical problem? Valve or any solenoid? What can be done?

Thanks
Andy

Xotik H3
10-07-2010, 01:02 AM
What is a mechanist, and how did he open it up? If you are slipping in gear you are either low on fluid, or your clutch packs are slippin.

franke08
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
The clutch for the 3. and.4. gear ist getting not enough pressure, thats why its slipping. But the reason for the low pressure is not clear. The mechanist has changed two solenoids, fluidlevel was ok every time.

Xotik H3
10-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Pressure is regulated in the valve body and the pump... obvously the valve body is easier to rebuild than the pump. And heat glazed clutch packs will slip no matter the pressure.