PDA

View Full Version : Cab maker light help ???

wingn69
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey smart wrench guys I need help. The passenger side front over cab Marker lights went out I replaced the light with one from the driver side for a quick check and its dead. I had some replacement bulbs that didn't work either. Think the socket got some water in it and now is dead. I dont have multi meter to check it. Is it all one wiring harness or can I replace the one socket?? Not a wiring guy and would hate too go to the dealer again to have it looked at.

twr
10-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi its all one harness for the front lights, but each light has a power and a ground wire to the socket. So you need to check the wires to that socket for power and ground. If it has power and ground just get a new socket they come with 6 inches of wire on them and splice it into the harness. Hope this helps.

wingn69
10-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks I will check it out it stopped working after I had the windshield replaced and they found out my A & B pillars leaked so the dealer did a very long shower with a hose to test for leaks and when the water cleared the light stopped working after 10 days of having my truck in the shop I dont want to go right back with more problems.