PDA

View Full Version : Side marker light acting wierd...

OrangeCrush
10-27-2010, 02:23 AM
I do have one issue I can't find an answer to. I don't think it has anything to do with the Duramax conversion but I didn't notice it till I got it back.

Anyway, the left rear side marker light on the bed lights up like normal when the headlamps are on.

Two thing that don't work with it on the left rear side marker.

1) when I hit the brake pedal, the light goes out.

2) when I turn on the left turnsignal, it doesn't flash.

It must have something to do with the ground... I chased it down to day and ran out of time.

Any suggestions? This ever happen to anyone else?

Everything else works normal, just this left rear side light.

Like I said, I don't think it had anything to do with the conversion but I never noticed it before.

Thanks,

Mark

HUMTECH
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Bad ground i would bet on, probably picking up a groud through the brake light. Check conections at the lamp for corrosion

OrangeCrush
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Bad ground i would bet on, probably picking up a groud through the brake light. Check conections at the lamp for corrosion

Are you talking about the connection at the taillamp instead of the side marker lamp? The reason I ask is because I think all the power comes from the taillamp to the side marker.

Thanks,

Mark

HUMTECH
10-27-2010, 11:48 PM
at the marker lamp.

OrangeCrush
10-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Cool, I'll check...

Thanks,

Mark

lakwandaphillips
11-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Are you talking about the connection at the taillamp instead of the Side Marker (http://www.car-stuff.com/sidemarker.htm) lamp? The reason I ask is because I think all the power comes from the taillamp to the side marker.

Thanks,

Mark

I agree. There may be corrosive connections in the lamp which prevents the side marker from functioning. The side markers are also prone to damage; therefore, moisture may penetrate the side marker.

OrangeCrush
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Still haven't figured it out. I actually cut the wires and exchanged left and right rear side marker lights.

It's in the wiring because it's still doing the same thing. I'm going to chase down the left side wiring (which runs to the right side of the truck) and follow it that way.

Thanks for the suggestions though...

Mark

HUMTECH
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Check the connector at the light in the bumper

OrangeCrush
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks, I'll try that...

Mark