PDA

View Full Version : battery going dead and wont start after a few days

racer24
12-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I've had my 05 for 8 months. A few weeks ago it was slow starting and i bought a new battery. It gave no trouble for a week. I put my H2 up for storage for the winter and went out to start it and the battery was dead. So I took the battery out and charged it at home and took it back out and installed it. It started right up and I let it run for 10 minutes or so and shut it off. No problem restarting. I went back today which was a week later and dead again. The only thing I did different was right before i changed the battery I turned on the interior light switch that was off which I never had on that much. I turned it on and that's when the problem seemed to start and when I charged up the battery I turned that switch back off thinking that what was running the battery down but no such luck. HELP!!!!!!:(

MVR 155
12-04-2010, 01:57 AM
So your new battery was ran down to dead after the truck sat for a few weeks? These trucks will kill the battery if left to sit for a few weeks without being started, I have the same issue with my corvette (I have had 4 of them and all did it). Unfortunately many batteries once they go completely dead and sit that way for an extended period of time will never hold a charge well again. This may be your issue, if your going to park your truck for more than a few weeks I would recommend a battery tender or disconnecting the battery while it sits (tender is much more convenient). If the battery is fairly new Im sure its still under warranty, bring it back.

It\'s a Dry Heat
12-04-2010, 04:24 AM
The first option another Eaton. Truck has never been in shop. Been bullet proof sence Nov 2004.

Did the battery tender.

I know cheap, but it works well. Got tired of killing batteries. Money not a problem, just don't want to continue to take the time to get battery changed. Clipped to a block on front, near grill. So when I back out of garage it pulls loose. When it doesn't get driven for a while again, I hook it up. Very easy to build block with a couple pins to connect too.:beerchug:

Here's the link to one, really this thing works! Goes on sale offen for less then $4.00. http://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html

http://www.enichesoftware.com/myh2.jpg