PDA

View Full Version : Air Suspension

06 SUT
01-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I need a little advice about the compressor for the suspension. Got home last night and the the compressor would not shut off after the truck shut down. I had to pull the relay out to cut it off. The rear does not seem to be sagging but I will check it out in the am. If the rear is not sagging, where should I look for the issue. I understand if it is sagging, look for an issue that caused the bags not to inflate.

Thanks

EuroHummer
01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Easy fix for the air suspension....R and R with coils.....I used Fabtech, but mine s lifted. Ripped the whole system out and had the computer fixed to keep the check air suspension light from coming on. I had nothing but issues with mine, and hear the same stories all the time. After my third air bag, and the vehicle sagging, not level, etc., I just had to let it go. Thats my advice for what its worth.:beerchug:

HUMTECH
01-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Relay is sticking. Replace the relay

06 SUT
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks Euro, I have been thinking about doing just that. Have not convinced myself just yet. Humtech, which relay would you been talking about? I have been on vacation and have not looked into it yet. I still have the 60amp relay removed from the panel.

Thanks

HUMTECH
01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Air suspension relay located below brake master cylinder or on top of ecm cover. Large gray relay

EuroHummer
01-10-2011, 04:53 AM
No rhyme or reason I don't know where the 04's position is in the morning. It has been up for days at a time. Then at times can go to the store and get back and it's slammed. I don't get it. I called the dealer and they say it's not up for an upgrade and 90's to put it on the computer.

I have a 2004 H2 Victory Edition and have a love/hate relationship. At this point, gas is the cheapest thing about the vehicle. As with everyone else it seems, my air suspension only leaks sometimes and then all the time. When I shut off the vehicle and get out I can hear the air coming out of the suspension like if you poked a hole in a tire. It is very loud and will leak all the way out sometimes and then others only for a second.

just had a new ride height sensor and Air system Module installed my H2. All seems to be working as it should, however, when I shut the truck off for any more than 1/2 hour, the rear air seems to bleed down. As soon as I fire the truck up, compressor kicks in and pumps up the Hummer as per usual but it didn't operate this way before I had the issue with the suspension. Is this a programming issue ? The tech that replaced the electrical components assured me there were no leaks in the bags(which I replaced last year) Any help would be great.

Hey everyone I posted a thread a while ago about the service air suspension coming on the DIC. I had a leaking air shock so I changed both at the dealer, the next day I still got the same message on the DIC. Took it back to the dealer and asked if they re-calibrated the trim height and was told that yes they did. They had it for the whole day again and now say that the truck will not re-calibrate, does anyone have any ideas that could help? It still seems to not sit right...... any help in the right direction would be awesome. It's a 2003, was there any service programming update s for the 2003's?

Hey guys, I have some questions... my H2 is a 2003 with the air ride in the rear. I have seen the rear drop down over night twice and am confused. I went out over this past weekend and aired up the bags full in the off road mode... I then got under with a soapy spray bottle and started to spray the bags down I spent like 30 min per side and even used my hand to soap it up and did not find any bubbles. I then (the best I could) started to spray the hose from each bag back to the compressor... No bubbles. I also sprayed the compressor where the hose connects on each side, and I didn't see anything... I checked the air stem inside where you can air up things and it was not leaking... I tried to follow the hose to the compressor and check it there and best I could tell it was also fine. The sensors look OK best I know... I think one was replaced right before I got it. But my thoughts are if it were one back sensors it would go down crooked? It does not do it all the time only twice that i noticed so far... no service air suspension on dash, and after I looked it over I left it up in off road mode all night and checked it with a tape... and it did not move a mm... I don't get it... thoughts?

Hi all, I have a 2004 H2 which I purchased back at the beginning of October. I am getting the "Service Rear Air Suspension" code on my dash. Every time I turn off the vehicle and get out I can literally hear the air coming out of the suspension. Where do I start on repairing this problem? Is it better to switch over to coils? What is the price difference? Trying to evaluate my options. If someone could even just give me a link to a thread talking about this issue I'd appreciate that bc it's obviously something that gets discussed a lot on here.

ok so i own a 2003 h2.. there is a leak in the passenger side air bag so it does the deflate/inflate ordeal.. but 1 day i pushed the height control button and since then the button has continued to blink and now the pump will not come on at all! the air pump in the back does not have any air coming to it. so i need help on replacing it or converting it.. can anyone give me an expert suggestion??!

Ok I don?t know if my rear air bags or bad or not. But it seems like if my hummer sits for about or week or longer the back end drops. This has only happed couple of times. I tried the soap and water on them but i don?t see an air leak. Will the air bag go down on their own if it seats to long?

am new to this site as I just bought a 2003 H2 a few months ago and just heard of this forum. I have my service air suspension come on once in awhile. I have read the past posts on this issue but it does not seem to help. When I raise the suspension it stays up until I hit the speed for it to return to the normal ride height. It sometimes leaks off when parked at normal ride height, when on an incline it seems to leak off and take longer to pump up. I have just taken it to the local GM dealer who just spent all day with it and it would not drop or even display a DTC for anything in the air suspension section of their code reader as well all lines and both air shocks are not leaking as the dealer checked this out as well. I picked the truck up and on my way home the service air suspension came on again, and I drove it back..... the minute I placed the truck in park the display disappeared and the suspension was still up and no DTC was found when scanned again. Has anyone else had issues such as this? Does anyone know what I could do? that is other than change it out for coils. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated......

I could keep on copy and pasting for days, but I think this tells the story...
:violin: