PDA

View Full Version : Front Hub Replacement Help (what do you think)

myrddin
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, I am going to get some parts I need for repairs. I have an odd knock in the driver?s side front under my feet when I turn sometimes sounds like something slapping the floor at times, I suspect a body mount... However on the other side I seem to have a bit of play in the up and down (vertical) movement of the wheel and when I am turning left I get an embarrassing howling noise... This I suspect to be the Hub.

To get to the point. I have found a deal on two hubs for a bit over 200.00 and you get a few lifetime warranty.

See info:
BUY FROM MAC AUTO & GET THE MAC DOG WARRANTY , LIFETIME ON ALL OUR Wheel & Hub Bearing Assemblies
This item is for TWO BRAND NEW OEM style replacement Wheel & Hub Bearing Assemblies for the Front of your Car , Truck , Suv
FITS
* 2003,2004,2005,2006 HUMMER H2 All Engines
INCLUDES
* PART # 515058 PTC
ALL OF OUR HUB & BEARING ASSEMBLIES FEATURE
* 1/ HIGH QUALITY OIL SEAL
* 2/ INTEGRAL RACEWAY. TO PROVIDE PROPER BEARING CLEARANCE
* 3/ OEM APPROVED DESIGN
* 4/ OEM ABS SENSOR AND PLUG , AND ALSO ABS TRIGGER WHEELS WHEN REQUIRED
* 5/ LIFETIME WARRANTY FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN YOUR CAR

Will this work for me? I figure even if they only last 3 years I may get another set free to fix down the road...

Please let me know, I would like to order and be done with it.

thnx guys.

HumminNBoatin'
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Sounds like the way to go as H2's eat hubs.... Especially if you have oversized tires and go wheeling. Just ask them what the return policy is. I am betting you will pay for shipping etc....

Both the the problems you quoted with your own answers sound to be correct.

slippy
01-17-2011, 09:10 PM
when my hub went out i looked at oem style hubs for the best deal on a quality hub. i ended up getting oem hub and had a buddy help me replace it. not sure if your after a good deal or best quality but that is an option.
also for non oem i hear good things about timco hubs.

myrddin
01-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I ended up going with:
TIMKEN SP580310
Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly
$ 154.79 $ 0.00 1 $ 154.79

Had some good feedback, some said the lifetime deals worked out but they were replacing often. I will give this a try and see.