PDA

View Full Version : sticky gauges?

vandy0090
01-10-2011, 06:55 PM
i dont drive this thing too often. but i got in it a couple days ago and noticed the gauges (all of them) are really not having a fluid motion. they will stick when moving. most easily seen is the tach and speedo. they get a little better after its warmer in the truck.

also the temp gauge has gotten where it wont reset when turned off. so if you turn it off and the needle stays at 150 deg. you start it up and the gauge thinks its at 0. so when the truck heats up its pegged at 260. never seen this before. if you pull the batt. cable for a few it will reset.

anyone else have this issue?:soapbox:

iwillnc
01-19-2011, 02:42 AM
Before you go out and buy a new dash cluster try this

I saw this on a Tahoe forum while back it fixed their dash that had similar problems.

Can't Guarantee that this will work but it's worth a try

Anywas I heard that cranking the truck 10 times in a row resets the cluster, dunno if it's true or if it works for the H2 but I'd give it a try

PaHumBug
01-19-2011, 05:57 PM
You can try turning on/off to reset, but it didn't work for me. H2's are known for having bad dash clusters, they aren't cheap either. I do remember seeing an ad on eBay for a guy who fixes dash clusters, might be worth looking into. I already paid for a new one by the time I saw this option...

IRA51
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.mrwhizard.com/

vandy0090
01-22-2011, 02:19 AM
i disconnect the neg. cable and it will reset. just gets old. one day ill talk her into trading it in on a ford. until then ill just keep fixing the old pig. ill look into that link though. thanks:perfect10s: