PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rear wiper washer

ChuckTu
12-20-2004, 12:03 PM
I took a look through the archives and couldn't find anybody with the same problem so I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me...

As you are probably familiar with, the rear wiper washer mechanism sprays the washer fluid out of 3 seperate holes into 3 streaks on the rear window...for some reason the lower one and the middle one are working fine, but the one on the end is spraying straight out the end of the nozzle into the air and onto everything surrounding the truck on both sides, but absolutely none on the upper window...I noticed on the other two that there are nozzle looking things sticking out obviously directing the stream of fluid, but I don't see any on the end of mine...

Could somebody take a look and let me know if there is supposed to be a nozzle on the end? If there isn't, how does the 3rd sprayer get it's fluid on the window? I can't figure it out for the life of me...could it be because I recently installed winter blades?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

Chuck

ChuckTu
I took a look through the archives and couldn't find anybody with the same problem so I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me...

As you are probably familiar with, the rear wiper washer mechanism sprays the washer fluid out of 3 seperate holes into 3 streaks on the rear window...for some reason the lower one and the middle one are working fine, but the one on the end is spraying straight out the end of the nozzle into the air and onto everything surrounding the truck on both sides, but absolutely none on the upper window...I noticed on the other two that there are nozzle looking things sticking out obviously directing the stream of fluid, but I don't see any on the end of mine...

Could somebody take a look and let me know if there is supposed to be a nozzle on the end? If there isn't, how does the 3rd sprayer get it's fluid on the window? I can't figure it out for the life of me...could it be because I recently installed winter blades?

Chuck

ChuckTu

Chuck

ChuckTu
12-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Any help out there?

Chuck

HummerLV
12-21-2004, 02:03 PM
i will look tonight, my wifes turn with it today.

ChuckTu
12-21-2004, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HummerLV:
i will look tonight, my wifes turn with it today. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great thanks, any info would be much appreciated!

Chuck

HummerLV
12-22-2004, 01:21 AM
i just looked at ours and the small plastic piece that has the 3 sprays in it have the two lower ones angled toward the glass and the one just seems to come out the end with no angle to it.

ChuckTu
12-22-2004, 01:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HummerLV:
i just looked at ours and the small plastic piece that has the 3 sprays in it have the two lower ones angled toward the glass and the one just seems to come out the end with no angle to it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for taking a look for me...

Hmmmm...yea that's exactly how mine is...would it be possible to have somebody else run the washer on yours so you can see where exactly the spray is directed to? Or where it hits? Cause ever since I replaced the wiper blade mine just sprays into the air...maybe there is some mechanism inside that angles it toward the window? Or maybe it hit the wiper blade somehow? I dunno, I'm just grasping at straws here...

Chuck

PARAGON
12-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Chuck,

I just clued in to what you are talking about. There is no nozzle or anthing. It just a hollow plastic square with holes in it. I have the same thing on my Denali and I remembered it did the same thing. I took a small screwdriver (anything) and kept pushing and crap on the edge of the hole to "direct" the spray.

I did finally get it to spray correctly but you should be able to replace that thing for a few dollars. Also, try taking a stick pin and putting in the hole to dislodge anything that might be inside it to get it back to spraying correctly. It's a crappy design that could be knocked off by just accidentially hitting it while changing the blade.

If screwing around with it doesn't work I would just try to get the parts depart to order you one (I would doubt they stock it).

ChuckTu
12-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Paragon, thanks for input...

Actually my first thought was that there was something plugging the hole or tube inside so I tried the pin...but it goes in and out of all the holes with no problem, and the spray is still coming straight out the end...

I think I'll give the small screwdriver / "directing" thing a try, at worst I screw it up beyond repair and have to get a new one like you said...but at this point anything would be better than what I have...

Chuck