PDA

View Full Version : Remove interior door panel

accely
09-15-2011, 08:03 PM
It seems my rear passenger door window may have come loose a little bit. It drops down fast when rolling it down and it wont roll all the way up unless I push it up with my hands. The door panels look like they just snap in at the top, are they like that all around? What are the steps to removing the interior door panel?

thanks in advance.

Edit: found a thread with some info in it pertaining on this. I wonder if this would be better left to a shop :P

guruerror
09-15-2011, 09:40 PM
If you tackle it yourself, get a trim removal tool (at Advanced Auto, PepBoys, etc). $5-7 that will save you $500 if you bust the panel up.

I've had mine off, the tool makes it MUCH easier. Just take your time and be patient.

ehaser
09-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I took off the entire door panel both outer and inner. Then I lined the inside of the door (or opposite side of the exterior) with Dynamat.. Then I put everything back internally and then put one big sheet of dynamat over where that fabric crap is and then replace the plastic door panels. I have to say.. they did a horrendous job engineering the original door panels.. My doors are heavy as hell now and they shut with a thud! No rattles at all! If I could post pics I would but mine are all too large.

I'm currently having mine rebuilt from the ground up...and I mean from the ground up. We've disassembled the entire truck down to nuts and bolts currently. I'm having the frame dipped and coated.. It was all rusted and scaled like the previous owner had it sitting in a swamp. We're putting all new diffs in with 4.88's and drivlines. New upper cognito arms.. New wheels.. Aftermarket brake kit.. Etc..

The reason I'm going into detail here is this..

Just be careful...

The doors is where my rebuild started... LOL.

Once you dig in you'll want to re-engineer the entire truck!

mightyepp
09-19-2011, 05:30 AM
It's easy for the older H2s, not sure what year you have. One screw behind the door handle that takes off a little panel and exposes a bolt. Remove that bolt and pull off the panel. There are plastic snaps around all the edges. Best to just pry off one corner and slowly work your way around the entire panel. The plastic pieces can break off easy if you are not careful.