PDA

View Full Version : Lambo doors...

Hellz
10-19-2011, 12:05 PM
so i saw the China Girls thread, and actually like the Lambo door kit...
my question i hope someone can answer is...

Can the kit open the door normally, as well as raise the door up?

is there a kit that allows the door to be opened both ways?

some times it would be cool to open it up lambo style, some times it just nice to open it regular way.

2010_5thgen
10-19-2011, 12:45 PM
there are some kits that are either way. some only let you open lambo style and some have a hinge or something you adjust to open reuglar too. but .....with lambo doors... you only have limited access to get in the car. it doesnt open high enough to make it comfortable to get in. you basically only have a 1 1/2" -2" opening to get into your truck.

PaHumBug
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
The one's I've seen open normally for a few inches, then up. So it's not really true lambo style.

2010_5thgen
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM
yeah, i dont think there are any "real" lambo doors out there. they have to come out a bit to get past the door frame, and then they go up.

atomicgoofball
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
there are kits that open partial and go up, but IMO don't do it.

Those style doors don't belong on a hummer lmao!

I had a vertical door kit (lambo doors) on an eclipse when I was younger and it was a pain in the ass. People who rode my car forgot i had the kit and tried to swing the door open too wide and the kit/hinge would hit the fender. The hinge eventually got weak due to this and with the more powerful shocks needed to lift the heavy doors, the shocks blew up the hinge dropping the door to the ground.
But it's up to you what you do with your ride, I just think it may have been cool in the 90s/early 2000s.

guruerror
10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
there are kits that open partial and go up, but IMO don't do it.

Those style doors don't belong on a hummer lmao!

But it's up to you what you do with your ride, I just think it may have been cool in the 90s/early 2000s.
:iagree:

While true lambo doors would help with those tight spots in the parking lot, IMO they just don't belong on a Hummer.

ROUSHDEMON
10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_USj_n5zl_8I/RufYbZGCOlI/AAAAAAAAACk/mhpv6rbXHOI/s400/Nike-Don'tDoIt.gif

atomicgoofball
10-20-2011, 12:39 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_USj_n5zl_8I/RufYbZGCOlI/AAAAAAAAACk/mhpv6rbXHOI/s400/Nike-Don'tDoIt.gif
Hahahahahah oh my :jump:

Hellz
10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
no worries there....

it was one of those things that it does offer a unique look.
i did notice the lack of opening space, but think with the height of the H2, it wouldnt be too bad.

im sure i wouldnt be doing this to my H2, just due to the fact that i still need to regear my H2, which would be about the same cost of just the parts for the door kit.