PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Change DIY

Indy
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Does anybody have a write up for the Vortec 6.0L Coolant change, especially pertaining to bleeding the system after the change. Does it come with a bleeder screw somewhere or do you guys just let the engine run and warm up with the radiator cap open to clear any air with the front of the car sitting higher than the rear?

We should really have a DIY section for the H2 like the Flash Offroad H1 site. Cheers, Indy.

Sportsdude
11-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Anyone? Doesn't look like the radiator has a drain plug. :beerchug:

iwillnc
11-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Actually you have to pull the lower hose off the radiator to drain it, it's not fun that's for sure, i just ran water through the system all while it was running.

Sportsdude
11-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Actually you have to pull the lower hose off the radiator to drain it, it's not fun that's for sure, i just ran water through the system all while it was running.

It sounds like a big mess. I wonder why it doesn't have a drain plug. Thanks for the info. :beerchug:

iwillnc
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Yea... it can be a pita, if I remember correctly you can get to the lower hose through the passanger side fender well, it took me a while, the tahoe I had before was the same way, anything for GM to save 15 cents

iwillnc
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
:rolleyes: Of course for everytime I've thought about that 15 cents thing... it would probably add up to like $50 by now... and that much of an increase in price per vehicle would have hurt sales tremendously :rolleyes: