PDA

View Full Version : has anyone bypassed there cats

adamw89_2000
10-21-2011, 10:04 PM
like title says... have you had code problems afterwards? im looking to remove my plugged cats alltogether. id rather not buy new one and put back in... any way i can unplug mine without getting a code?

guruerror
10-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Dude...you've got, like, three different threads about the same question.

Someone, please give this man some feedback on deleting the converters. There were some other threads...I think I started one a year or two ago...asking the same thing. I think the general consensus was that it wasn't worth the trouble and there was no real power to be gained; but if you did go through with it, you'd have codes thrown at you. I recall someone pointed me to a kit that bypassed the O2 sensors...I'll see if I can dig that thread up.

EDIT: Sorry, I just remembered, my thread about this topic was on another forum; for my Sky not the truck. I'm sure it can be done and maybe the pros out way the cons when doing such on a V8. I'll defer to others on the forum with more experience.

atomicgoofball
10-22-2011, 01:34 AM
HAHAAH Guruerror, i was just thinking, WOW soo many threads this necessary!???

anyways, you can delete the cats and put in straight pipes and drill a bung for the o2 non fouler, then put the o2 sensor in the non fouler to keep the codes from popping up. The exhaust may end up sounding raspy as hell and may not be worth it.

I would suggest just replacing the cats, or if you wanna go after market, get long tube headers and a full exhaust set up.

HUMTECH
10-22-2011, 01:53 AM
You can remove the cats if you replace the post cat o2 sensors with o2 sensor simulators(do a google search) If you have to have the truck smog tested where you are it will fail though

adamw89_2000
10-22-2011, 04:29 PM
we have no smog test here, i wasnt looking for preformance gains with this, i was looking at not spending the additional cost of buying new cats for no reasons.. i can spend that $$ elsewhere to get hp gains or what not.. im still not sure on the simulators... ive ebayed, googled, yahooed and everything else and there is no for sure answer if it will work on an h2 being they r late model vehicles... so ive still not got the answer i need. what are the oxygen sensor foulers????

adamw89_2000
10-22-2011, 04:37 PM
ok just read up about non foulers... some people put 2 on each o2 sensor if there are still getting a light with just one... on some sites they say it tricks the computer and can cause the vehicle to actually run lean or rich( i cant remember which one) thats def not what i need or want! has anyone done this and hasnt seen a drop in gas milage?

Magnacharged H2
10-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Just buy the Magnaflow universal cats they are about 80 shipped off amazon. you must weld them in cut out the old cat.

Indy
10-26-2011, 07:28 PM
O2 sims are hard to come by these days. Retailers were forced to take them off the market, although you can still find some if you look hard enough.

I'd either get the rear sensors programmed out, or get some high flow cats instead.

[__--MUD--__]
10-27-2011, 06:31 AM
These motors sound like an elephants ass w/ no cats and free flowing exhaust. People will look trying to figure out what piece of ****'s making all that noise.

adamw89_2000
10-27-2011, 08:48 PM
i have mufflers on the truck, i temporarly removed the cats and replaced with straight pipe with still having my thrush mufflers. its load, almost to load specially when u get on it. i not forsure if i will by new cats or just make me some o2 sims...