PDA

View Full Version : SoundGate KNGM1v3 Causes my H2 to go crazy

Erod
02-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Well I was wondering what was your input on the soundgate products, do they work or are they all defective. I just installed the KNGM1v3 To control a Kendwood Keg and it took me a while, to find out that this device is making my gauges go crazy when in use. I just emailed Rob Putnam, president of soundgate (Thanks Klaus for posting his info), describing the problem to him, but I was wondering what do you guys think I should do, should I remove this device? and run the keg FM modulated? or wait to see if they fix this problems? Did you guys experience the same problems using the other interface (PIOGM1V3) I really need your input here. Thanks

Erick

Erod
02-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Well I was wondering what was your input on the soundgate products, do they work or are they all defective. I just installed the KNGM1v3 To control a Kendwood Keg and it took me a while, to find out that this device is making my gauges go crazy when in use. I just emailed Rob Putnam, president of soundgate (Thanks Klaus for posting his info), describing the problem to him, but I was wondering what do you guys think I should do, should I remove this device? and run the keg FM modulated? or wait to see if they fix this problems? Did you guys experience the same problems using the other interface (PIOGM1V3) I really need your input here. Thanks

Erick

HummMe
02-02-2004, 11:32 AM
I havent experienced problems with my gauges but my keyless entry was acting really funky when I had my first PIOGM1V2 (defective) interface installed. I am on my second one and am still not happy with the performance. I am returning mine and installing a Pioneer 7480DVD xm ready reciever. Only problem is that I need a Soundgate Digistar B to interface with the Onstar. Hope the quality is better.

TouchdownTN
02-02-2004, 08:32 PM
I tried to install 2 of the PIOGM1V2's and the first one was defective. The second on worked but sound quality was significantly worse than a BAD AM Station. Needless to say I sent it back and am waiting on the device that Klaus has been posting about I think PAC is producing a Aux Input device as well as Blitzsafe. Stay away from Soundgate

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

Plano H2
02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
I have the PIOGMv3 and my guages go crazy. But...only when the power to my changer is on. Also, my heated seats keep shutting off way before the seats are warm, and finally, the distance on the keyless remote is now terrible. I am calling soundgate on Monday.

OldHiker
02-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Anything new on this? I want to do the install for XM radio but don't want to put up with the problems mentioned.