PDA

View Full Version : Borla vs. Magnaflow

BUNNY15
10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone...I'm new to this forum. Bought an 03 H2 back in May and its all stock...I'm ready to start my mods. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between Borla and Magnaflow? I have only used Flowmasters on a previous Ford and Dodge. I have narrowed my exhaust choices down to these two. Also, I'm considering new heads and a 6" Fabtech with 40" muds, probably Toyo...any advice? Thanks

2010_5thgen
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
i believe borla is the company that makes the factory dual exhaust for the H2. i have it on mine and it sounds great. havent had a problem with it. i have borla on my camaro also. i wouldnt have it any other way. borla is the best in my eyes.

guruerror
10-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Why not stick with Flowmaster? I put the FM American Thunder on mine and it sounds sweet.

atomicgoofball
10-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Do any of you fine gentleman happen to have a video or a sound clip? Im going to order a new exhaust also in the next few weeks and would love to get an audio example!

PaHumBug
10-25-2011, 07:09 PM
I have a flowmaster now, it's OK, but not quite loud enough for my tastes, but it's nice on the inside too. I had a magnaflow on a previous H2, it sounded awesome, but the resonance droning inside the cab was pretty annoying. I've heard Borla's that sound incredible from the outside but I have no idea how they sound inside.

guruerror
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I have a flowmaster now, it's OK, but not quite loud enough for my tastes, but it's nice on the inside too. I had a magnaflow on a previous H2, it sounded awesome, but the resonance droning inside the cab was pretty annoying. I've heard Borla's that sound incredible from the outside but I have no idea how they sound inside.

It goes "GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM...grummm...grummm...grummm...wah..wah..wah ..wah...GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM!" Which makes me smile, annoys my neighbors, and makes Jeepsters sad. Poor little 3.8.

LOL (at myself)...I'll see if I can dig up the audio files I made after my install to help you out, but they never sound as good as they do in person.

atomicgoofball
10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
It goes "GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM...grummm...grummm...grummm...wah..wah..wah ..wah...GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM!" Which makes me smile, annoys my neighbors, and makes Jeepsters sad. Poor little 3.8.

LOL (at myself)...I'll see if I can dig up the audio files I made after my install to help you out, but they never sound as good as they do in person.
Hahaha I love the sound effects! I can visualize it now! Yeah If you can find those files that would be awesome, gives a little room for imagination

BUNNY15
10-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the responses. Ive seen a video on youtube with Borla and it sounded great, but I've never heard Mags....ok, any advice on the lift or mud tire choices? Really want to push 40's. Heard I can regear but don't really have to...Myth or fact?

guruerror
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the responses. Ive seen a video on youtube with Borla and it sounded great, but I've never heard Mags....ok, any advice on the lift or mud tire choices? Really want to push 40's. Heard I can regear but don't really have to...Myth or fact?
With 40s!? I'd re-gear...my truck dragged a55 just going to 37s. A set of 4.56s and a programmer fixed it right up.

BUNNY15
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok thanks! Think it's gonna be Borla and Toyo 40x15.50x20 with 20x12...Coooome oooon income tax!!!!:beerchug:

tyler1bo
11-11-2011, 07:12 PM
hahaha..the easy way to spend $7-$8,000! Can't wait to see it once it's done! Wish I could help on the exhaust choice but I've never heard mags or borla..I have Corsa on mine.

slippy
11-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I have the borla. Search around online and fine the tone you want. Borla sounds like a boat. BlumBlumBlumBlumBlum. It fits what i wanted, but its probably not for everyone.