PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fan Conversion-Diablo Tuner

Mark Morrison
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I have a 2006 H2 and am converting it to the 2500HD electric fan kit. I have a Diablo tuner and would like to use it to adjust and control the fans. It seems that there is not a clear cut answer on how to get my Diablo tuner updated to control the fans. I posted on the forums at Diablo Sport and I was told that I need a custom tune. I spoke with the people at Nelson performance and they can do a custom tune, but my Diablo tuner wouldn't be able to control the fans. How can I get the ability control the fans and retain being able to use my tuner?

zdawg8394
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
i really am not sure what im talking about, but could you wire them to a simple switch with a relay? what all do you have to control?

Mark Morrison
11-04-2011, 03:10 AM
I want the truck to function as if it came with the electric fans from the factory. There are so many benefits to the electrics fans and a few ways to get them to works as if they were factory, but I want to specifically do it with me Diablo Predator tuner. There is a way to do it, but I don't know the best way to go about it.

zdawg8394
11-04-2011, 04:03 AM
i really am clueless. i wish i could help

Hellz
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
which do you want?

to control the fans or have it run as if it came with the electric fans installed?

this could be the reason you are running in to problems...

there are walk through posts on this forum on what you need, and need to do.

i dont recall anyone ever having "control" over the fans other than turning them on and off. this was purely for when going through deeper water.
Nelson just programs the tune so it turns on at certian temps, just like your current belt driven fan turns on at a certian temp.

If you are looking for more than that, i can see where this would cause problems. how would you control the fans? a simple dial knob like a dimmer switch? what purpose would this be for?

Mark Morrison
11-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Ok, I have found my solution and should be getting everything taken care of in the next week or so. On the Predator tuner, I am having a cutom tune done that will enable the control of the fans through the ECU and I will be able to set my on and off temps. Once I get the temps set, they will stay at teh on and off temps set unless I change thermostats or find that I need them adjusted for some reason. The electric fans will run as if they came with the vehicle. What I wanted to avoid was installing a switch that I had to turn on and off to activate the fans. Everything now will be fully ECU controlled.

scottminor
08-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I am thinking of using the 2500HD fans. What did you use for the relay? Were you able to use the GM parts?