PDA

View Full Version : H2 Front Diff Problems

Allen
11-26-2002, 02:07 PM
I bought my new H2 and within 200 miles the front diff. cracked in half spilling all of the oil out. Needless to say, I had to have the H2
flat bedded to my local dealer and they told me it was a manufacturing defect and it would take 10 days for the part to be sent. Even though it is under warranty, has anyone else had this problem?

Allen
11-26-2002, 02:07 PM
I bought my new H2 and within 200 miles the front diff. cracked in half spilling all of the oil out. Needless to say, I had to have the H2
flat bedded to my local dealer and they told me it was a manufacturing defect and it would take 10 days for the part to be sent. Even though it is under warranty, has anyone else had this problem?

SJ
11-26-2002, 02:17 PM
Allen:

Exact same problem I had! The differential housing on my H2 formed a bubble that eventually burst - allowing oil to slowly leak.

The dealer replaced the entire differential and not just the housing, for fear that the gears might have been worn at low fluid levels. My H2 was in the shop for 2 weeks, but I had a wonderful land yacht [Buick] as a loaner.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I hope the repair goes well and that you're back in action soon. Replacement parts should be easier to obtain now, versus when my H2 was out of commission.

Steve R
11-26-2002, 05:28 PM
split differentials? EEEK! that sucks...they just crack and drip? It kinda makes me feel like I'm driving around with a time-bomb waiting to go off. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif