PDA

View Full Version : hid fog lights

zdawg8394
11-01-2011, 09:59 PM
i know this has been brought up a few times but i have yet to see this solution and im wondering why it wouldnt work.

http://www.TeakaToys.com/HUMMER_H2_H3_SUT_H3T_46H_Series_H2_H3_Bumper_Xenon _p/del-01-9039-50x.htm

i know they are delta and some people have had problems with them but shoot, if they didnt work right couldnt you simply buy a seperate hid kit from somewhere and slap it in since you get a drl housing that can withstand the heat unlike the stock ones?

thanks guys

zdawg8394
11-04-2011, 04:04 AM
any body use these? or anything?

pdxrealtor
11-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I did exactly what you said above. Saved some bucks over buying the Delta HID kit.

I had a buddy of mine do most of the install. There was a little bit of modification that needed to be done on the back of the housing. If I remember right we had to dremel out the center of the cap in order to get the bulb wires out. Then seal it up with the 'right stuff' .

I've had the setup and used it lightly for almost a year now. No real issues.

I have the digital HID kit, lowest color temp they sold and it's perfect for fogs. I used them last night actually... between HID headlights and the HID fogs there is ZERO need to have any other lights on the front of the truck IMO.

I'm getting rid of my Warn light bar with PIAAs since I never use them.

Also .. that Delta label on the front is just that- a label. You can peel it right off. :D

zdawg8394
11-17-2011, 04:16 AM
so you just bought the housing? what size bulb did it take?
thanks for the info, glad i can peel off the sticker!

pdxrealtor
11-17-2011, 06:18 AM
so you just bought the housing? what size bulb did it take?
thanks for the info, glad i can peel off the sticker!

If you buy what you linked to aabove they will come with bulbs and I think a harness. Then buy the digital hid kit with same size bulbs as what the housings come with , I think its h3.

zdawg8394
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
thats what my plans where! thanks for the info! but 400$ wow. and ill end up throwing away the ballasts and bulbs. maybe ill sell them, but i really wont hid fogs!

pdxrealtor
11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
There are no ballasts that come with the Delta kit, just bulbs and harness. I think you can use the harness that comes with the Delta kit instead of buying the harness from Digital HID.

Order the Delta lights first, they took a while to get to me, and then assess what you have. Call Digital HID on the phone an let them know, they will send you only what you need.

zdawg8394
11-17-2011, 11:14 PM
your talking about the regular "xenon" kit there are two types, the xenon kit cost about 200 bucks while the hid kit is 400. the hid linked to above has, housings, bulbes, harness, ballast.

zdawg8394
11-17-2011, 11:23 PM
ahhh!! my bad man, i thought i had linked to the other ones that come with the hid assembly. so your lense have hel up fine and there the same ones linked to above?

pdxrealtor
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I thought you were trying to save some $$ and buy the kit you linked to and a separate HID kit. Wasn't that purpose of your post??

I'm lost..

In any event, yes, my lenses have held up fine. They're the same lenses as the HID ones.

http://www.retro-solutions.com/

If you decide to piece it together give the retro guys a call for your HID kit.

**edit** looks like the HID kit from Delta is only 415 right now. Cheaper then when I bought mine.

zdawg8394
11-18-2011, 12:59 AM
i was orignally going to buy the "hid" kit, throw out the hid part and put in my own for a more blue color, im sure that they come with somthing like a 4300k. but any ways. thanks!