PDA

View Full Version : Driver seat adjustment issue

emillika
11-03-2011, 06:43 PM
My wife's 2004 H2 is having an issue with the driver seat adjustability. The seat moves up/down tilts forward/back thru the complete range of expected motion. However, it will only move forward/reverse about an inch or so in each direction.

-seat heaters work fine
-passenger seat works fine in all regards
-checked for any obvious obstructions near the seat track
-blew compressed air along the track

I have searched here and online but no luck yet. Removed several fuses to see if the seat control module would "release" it's memory and also disconnected the seat control module under the driver seat for 10 minutes but no luck so far.

Any idea's on what else I can check?

Thanks.

wallyyachts
07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone have advise on this? my 06 H2 is doing the same thing.Thx!

VegasMike
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Can you switch the modules from the passenger seat to the drivers seat and see if that resolves it? That will tell you if it's the module or not.

EDIT: If that fixes it, it looks as if the module may be reprogrammable by a GM dealer.

pdxrealtor
07-06-2012, 04:44 AM
You have two Hummers both doing this?? Talk about some weird luck!

I don't have any suggestions, sorry. Let us know what it turns out to be.

Good Luck!

wallyyachts
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Can you switch the modules from the passenger seat to the drivers seat and see if that resolves it? That will tell you if it's the module or not.

EDIT: If that fixes it, it looks as if the module may be reprogrammable by a GM dealer.

Tried swaping them. the Tech 2 says horizontal seat sensor. Seems that is located in the motor. Its a $500 gamble by changing the motor. Someone had a comment a while ago that is was a programing issue with a GM tech bulletin.
My fear is that my local dealer(not too bright) will not know. I called and service really had no clue. If I go the dealer route, I have to stress to them that rape is against the law.