PDA

View Full Version : 2004 H2 Tranny Problem

isellpower
11-21-2011, 02:25 AM
95K miles and never any problems until now. Drove to a party about 20 miles away then back home with no problems what so ever. No kidding, literally as I turn into my driveway it starts to slip and goes nowhere. I left it there and took my kids inside. Went back out, put it in reverse to see how that would go and it backed up just fine. Low and behold when I put it back in drive it drove just fine. I went around the block and it drove just like before. Any ideas?

Indy
11-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Did it go into Neutral...? just a thought, but that would be more the symptom. Maybe the lever slipped from Drive into Neutral?

isellpower
11-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Did it go into Neutral...? just a thought, but that would be more the symptom. Maybe the lever slipped from Drive into Neutral?

It is slipping into neutral, any ideas. It's changing all by itself.

isellpower
11-21-2011, 10:55 PM
From the research I've done it seems that it may be the "transfer case actuator" I wonder what that will cost.

HUMTECH
11-22-2011, 05:57 AM
If the t-case shifted to neutral on its own a scan test will show a mode control code in the tccm(transfer case control module)

isellpower
11-26-2011, 08:56 PM
If the t-case shifted to neutral on its own a scan test will show a mode control code in the tccm(transfer case control module)

Is it a pain to replace?

glennf1
12-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Just bought a new to me 05 SUT. One of the first things I did was drop the tranny and t-case fluid and replace with Dexron VI. It's one of the best things you can do as the Dex III fluid is junk. Here is a link to show to HUGE improvement to Dex 6...

http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2009/05/dexron-vi.html