PDA

View Full Version : CarPC and Centrafuse Install

guruerror
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
If your technically (IT) inclined you could go the DIY route. I got tired of the limitations of the off-the-shelf nav/entertainment units so I researched alternatives and landed on Centrafuse: http://centrafuse.com/

I shoved a mini PC in the dash and connected two 8" touchscreen LCDs. Centrafuse has a pretty solid forum community and group of plug-in/skin developers. It'll do NAV, AM/FM/HD radio, DVD/Bluray playback, games, OBDC, multi-zone support, and more.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/guruerror/Centrafuse/nav_2.jpg~original (http://s74.photobucket.com/user/guruerror/media/Centrafuse/nav_2.jpg.html)

It's a project in and of itself...but once you get it up and running it blows any other currently available NAV/entertainment system out of the water.

NOTE: Even if you go with a boxed product, be careful which interface product you choose to connect to the wiring harness. I tried a couple different ones ('cause I wanted to keep my chimes too) and every one either failed after a few months or exhibited a hi-pitched whine when the motor revved...most are junk. I got a straight up GM harness connector (just wires...no box or pre-amp) and linked directly into the harness. I lost the chimes...but 'oh well'..it's worked great for the last three years...no whine...no problems and it's actually louder than the pre-amped units.

I can get you more info if you on any of this if you need it...just let me know.

Hellz
11-26-2011, 07:48 PM
could you PM me some info on this please..

adamw89_2000
11-27-2011, 12:24 AM
just put all info on here if you can.. what adapters will i nedd? my steaeo shop is the only one in town and they r not a huge huge store but yes.. technology scares them! lol i know it can be done but i need some direction in which adapters to buy and where to get them from.. i like the idea of the computer... elborate on this please.... hows it working for you

OrangeCrush
11-27-2011, 05:56 AM
I love the idea of the PC setup but the only reason I haven't even gone aftermarket like my old H2 is because I figure no one would steal the stock crap.

I just installed about 5k worth of stereo crap in my mini cooper and still used the stock head unit. (for theft and simplicity... Minis are stupid electrical wise.)

Post pics of your setup, I'd love to see it.

Mark

guruerror
11-27-2011, 05:10 PM
I'll pull more details on my setup together and post with some more pics tomorrow when I get to the office...I'm up to my neck in DIY drywall work today. :)

NOTE: this really is a DIY setup...any radio shop would really have to be 'adventerous' (to say the least) to want to tackle this. It's too bad you don't live closer...I'd love to do another setup on an H2!

adamw89_2000
11-27-2011, 07:34 PM
please post! im down for trying it out as well as long as i can get some tech help from you..

Rene S. Nielsen
11-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi

This setup looks like one of the best I have ever seen in an H2.

I'm an IT guy and woul dlove to do something like this. I put an aftermarkt Kenwood in and I also have the high pitch whine when I rew the engibe, I actually thought that it came from a bad groud conenction on the headunit, but it's not so loud so I havnt spent time on trying to find the source yet, It could be the adapter box.

Keep the info comming

Rene

06 SUT
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm also really interested in your setup with this. Looks like a very promising DIY project. On another topic, what did you paint your dash panels with? You have an excellent set-up. Nice job and look forward to the information.

guruerror
11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm also really interested in your setup with this. Looks like a very promising DIY project. On another topic, what did you paint your dash panels with? You have an excellent set-up. Nice job and look forward to the information.
Duplicolor spray on bed-liner. I had some extra pieces test sprayed with Line-X, but they came out way too thick. The spray-can version gives it a similar look so they match my other Line-Xed pieces, but doesn't make them overly thick, so they all fit back together well.

The spray makes them more resistant to scratches and scuffs, allows for easy touch-up if need be, and also made the finishing of my custom section (airbag display bezel) a breeze.

I'm pulling the other info together today and will post more details shortly.

guruerror
11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Okay...where to start? How about I just blurt out some details in a sorta chronological order and see what other questions arise? It's been a few years since I've done the install so, if I make leaps and/or seem to leave out details, just ask and I'll fill in the gaps.

I'm still looking for some of my install photos...as I locate them I'll add them to this post.

My truck is an '05 Lux that came stock with the factory Delphi TNR800 navigation unit and the standard Bose speaker system. I quickly grew tired of the limitations to the stock unit and moved to a Pioneer AVIC-Z3. The AVIC was nice, but I have a real distaste for the non-OEM look of aftermarket headunits. So, wanting my cake and wanting to eat it too, I began researching other options. After much research I eventually landed at mp3car.com and centrafuse.com and decided to make the carpc thing happen.

What exactly is a carpc? A carpc is very simply a computer that you install in your vehicle that runs a front-end application (pretty, touchscreen-friendly interface) that you can use to perform various functions (navigation, media selection, etc.). Centrafuse (or CF for short) is one such front-end application and is designed to run on a Windows-based machine. There are other front-ends, but CF is by far the most refined that I’ve found.

Here are the pros and cons (so the faint-hearted can turn back before reading this whole post):

PROS:

COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE: the unit can be built to meet your exact needs. (NAV, multizone media playing, OBD-II diagnostics, web browsing, weather, rear camera, sat/HD radio, Bluetooth, video games, etc. etc. etc... http://centrafuse.com/CentrafuseAuto.aspx?pid=93 )
OEM LOOK: you can get a really finished OEM look. As seen above, an 8" 16:9 touchscreen fits perfectly into our dash opening, and the Centrafuse (CF) software is extremely customizable. Every screen, dialog, button, etc. can be edited in Photoshop (or the like) to get the exact look you desire.
STRONG FORUM COMMUNITY: CF and mp3car.com have very solid forum communities for carpc enthusiasts. There is lots of good information, helpful people, skinners, and plug-in (app) developers.

CONS:

TIME CONSUMING: the initial setup can be very time consuming...and frustrating
DOLLAR CONSUMING: you could easily end up with 2-3 times the price of a top-of-the-line nav unit wrapped up in this
TECH SUPPORT: you become your own support for troubleshooting and repair...you should have a strong working knowledge of IT hardware before going down this route. The forums are good, but if you just don’t ‘get’ IT and get in over your head you can't just take your car into the radio shop and say, 'fix this.'

While I’ve used CF for the past few years, I can honestly say that I personally don't use it to its fullest extent. A lot of the users on the CF forum push the application much further, with things like voice recognition, Bluetooth phone support, internet media streaming, Nintendo emulators, and the like…I’ve even seen dudes link it to control window motors, climate control and a variety of other things. I mainly use the 'core' functions of CF. Also, my setup is a bit unique in that my focus wasn't on 'rear entertainment'...both of my screens are in the front. My emphasis was on having more information and control in the front of the vehicle. Most of the core applications of CF can function on any screen, so if I am unable to enter a route in the NAV on my screen, the passenger can press NAV and the map moves to his/her screen so they can manipulate it there. The same goes for the Web browser, weather, music browsing, video playback, and other core functions. Most other multiscreen users on the CF forum are mainly interested in playing moves in the back seats to keep the kids occupied...it works equally well for either; it's a very versatile front-end. Here's a link to an 8 minute "Centrafuse - General Overview" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sCx4mURdxg

That said...here's my current hardware list:

Apple Mac Mini MC239LL/A (Intel Core2 Duo 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, OCX Vertex3 MAX IOPS 32GB SSD, Windows 7): selected for it's compact size, and is mounted in the dash, in the airbag location, behind my second screen.
CarNetix CNX-P2140 185w DC-DC power regulator (with the MacPac power cable option): this replaces the Mini's power brick and connects to the vehicle's power, ignition, etc., just like a standard head-unit would. Mounted in the dash behind the main screen. http://carnetix.com/P2140/CNXP2140.htm
(2) Revosys 8" open-frame, high-brightness touch screens
(2) Moxa Uport 404 industrial grade USB hubs: mounted in the dash where the OnStar unit used to be. http://www.moxa.com/product/UPort_404_407.htm
RCJoyCon EX: a small USB device that interfaces your steering wheel controls into the system. http://www.rcjoycon.com/default/menu_10.php?com_board_basic=read_form&com_board_idx=9&menu=10&&com_board_search_code=&com_board_search_value1=&com_board_search_value2=&com_board_page=&
KMTronic Single Channel USB Relay Controller: used to activate the 'remote' on for the amp after the carpc starts to avoid popping. http://www.sigma-shop.com/product/67/usb-relay-controller-one-channel-pcb.html
ScanTool OBDLink Scan Tool: a small USB device that interfaces with your OBD-II connector under the dash to gather and report diagnostic information. http://www.scantool.net/obdlink.html
StarTech USB Composite video capture cable: can be used to input a backup camera, but I use mine to display footage from my GoPro HD which is front mounted. http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-S-Video-Composite-Capture-SVID2USB2/dp/B000O5RIWO
Visteon HDZ300 HD radio tuner: for AM/FM/HD terrestrial radio
Garmin 20x GPS receiver: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=32632
Verizon Pantech 4G LTE modem: for internet access (email, web, weather, etc.)

To mount the Mini I bought a blown passenger-side airbag and gutted it of all its components. I modded this slightly with a Dremel to accommodate the 'under the desk' mount for the Mini. The Mini slides right in to the dash…it’s tight, but it works. The airbag mount then bolts directly to the dashboard so the unit stays secure. NOTE: once the airbag is removed the DIC will start to nagging about airbag service. To avoid this, I measured the resistance across my functional airbag module and bought corresponding resistors from Radio Shack. I installed the resistors in the connector were the airbag module had previously connected. This tricks the truck into believing that the airbag module is still installed...and eliminates the error. http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40625&highlight=airbag

To mount the passenger-side screen, I first took a mold of my recently removed airbag unit using fiberglass resin. I then took a mold of the existing headunit bezel. I trimmed these up with a Dremel to fit the bezel mold into the center of the airbag mold, then made a mold of that. That's how I got the passenger-side screen bezel. I then molded that to the larger, surrounding piece so the whole thing is one unit. Very solid…very durable. The open frame of the passenger display bolts to the backside of my new bezel to secure the touchscreen in place.

I ran the power straight off the battery, through the firewall and into the CarNetix regulator. I grounded to a bolt on/near the shifter. After the initial install I added a keyed power switch to the dash so I can cut power when necessary...this is mainly for when I take it in for service; I generally switch it off before dropping it off.

To interface the audio-out from the Mini to the truck I elected to NOT go with a Metra/Peripheral/PAC style adapter. These units have the advantage of retaining the door chimes, OnStar, and Retained Access Power (RAP), but they are all JUNK IMO. I've tried at least one from each manufacturer and all have either completely failed, produced a whining with the engine RPMs, or a loud popping when headunit/carpc came on. Instead I used a standard wire harness adapter for a 2005 GM that I got off the shelf at Best Buy. I recall having to adjust the pinout slightly (and could track down that information again if need be) but it works flawlessly. I lost my door chimes and RAP...but found that I didn't miss either. Another gain I noticed is that the output volume is actually LOUDER when doing the direct wiring then when using the Metra/Peripheral style interfaces.

The RCJoyCon device taps into wire under the dash that transmits the impulses from the steering wheel controls. Once attached I then configured the driver for the device with the RCJoyCon software so the various impulses get mapped to corresponding HotKey functions in CF (Vol Up, Vol Down, etc.).

The Garmin GPS receiver I wired up the driver's side pillar to the roof where the factory OnStar/XM antenna sits. I removed the factory antenna and installed a puck-style mount (like you see on the trunks of police cars...looks like big hockey puck). The puck sits directly over the hole in the roof and the Garmin is mounted inside the puck. I get a MUCH better GPS signal with the receiver on the roof as opposed to the factory location in the dash.

Okay…that should get the ball rolling.

adamw89_2000
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
so how bout i just purchase yours off of you? lol... this seems very very nice! its excatly what ive been wanting and looking for though.... can you browse the internet on it? im sure there is a way... im like you and would want mine configured pretty much just like yourself. the software you used to set up the screen and all is it easy to use? how to you upload it to the computer? thumbdrive??

guruerror
11-29-2011, 03:12 AM
so how bout i just purchase yours off of you? lol... this seems very very nice! its excatly what ive been wanting and looking for though.... can you browse the internet on it? im sure there is a way... im like you and would want mine configured pretty much just like yourself. the software you used to set up the screen and all is it easy to use? how to you upload it to the computer? thumbdrive??
You can definitely browse the Internet...CF has a browser built in, you simply need a 3G/4G cellular modem or wifi.

The CF software is a synch to install, configure, and use. You can download a 30 trial at centrafuse.com, perhaps you should check it out. Just download and double-click to setup.

06 SUT
11-29-2011, 02:21 PM
That is a great beginning write-up. I have been reviewing your set-up equipment and configuration and it does not seem to complicated to start, Laptops are our friends these days.
As your time permits, I would be interested in the adapters and pigtails that you described earlier on in the post. How is the audio from radio and sat radio? I understand you have to pull information from the installation from a couple years ago, but it is nice to discuss this with someone who has first hand Hummer knowledge.
You also mentioned losing RAP, where does this come into play? I also assume that you purchased the NAV software from CF, how does it compare to other manufacturers?

Again, thanks for the information and I believe we all look forward to reading more about your installation.

guruerror
11-29-2011, 03:59 PM
If you've got a solid handle on IT (in general) then this isn't terribly complicated, it can be time consuming though. One of the most frustrating parts is making it all fit. At least I've got that part figured out...LOL.

Regarding laptops...there are a few guys on the CF forum that use a laptop as their carpc. I gave this a thought when first starting my process, but the problem that I ran into was that laptops only have one video out. I couldn't do the type of multiscreen setup that I wanted with a laptop.

As far as pigtails and adapters that were needed; since I used a Mac Mini I required a Mini-Display Port to VGA adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-DisplayPort-Adapter-MB572Z-Packaging/dp/B001IF252M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322576056&sr=8-3) and a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Mini-dvi-To-VGA-Adapter/dp/B00011KHTM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322576094&sr=1-3). These would only be required if you're also using a Mini.

I also needed 2 bare-wire to mini-rca (headphone jack) cables. The bare wire ends splice to the GM 2005 harness connector (front and rear channel) while the mini-rca end plugs into the audio out. Since the Mini only has stereo out I also used a mini-rca Y-adapter so the audio went to both the front and rear channels. If you used a PC with a surround sound audio card you would have multiple channel audio outputs on the board, so you could simply connect the front channel to the front and rear to the rear and end up with quadraphonic stereo.

I also ordered a right-angled OBD-II extension cable (http://www.scantool.net/accessories/accessories-cables/cable-j1962m-right-angle-to-j1962f-2ft.html) as the standard cable came straight out of the plug when connected and interfered with my leg room.

Other than that, you simply need an assortment of varied lengths and types of USB cables to accommodate the devices that you're connected and the locations where you are installing them. I'm fairly anal about cable neatness and length so I tend to have to order my cables online to get exactly want I want. This is a good source: http://www.cablestogo.com/

The radio unit that I have works as well as the stock headunit did. I'm actually looking at a replacement USB radio device though. My current unit, the Visteon HDZ300, is a bit bulky and I wanted a smaller device with a built-in antenna that I can mount in the passenger-side pillar.

Here's some other online resources that may be helpful:

Logic Supply: http://www.logicsupply.com/
Many different industrial/automotive computer systems...in case you're not a fan of Apple, or feel more comfortable with a straight-up, bare bones PC.

Car TFT: http://www.cartft.com/
More carpc stuff, but they also carry an 8" 16:9 open-frame touchscreen that has worked well for me in the past (CTF800-WMSL). The Revosys units that I currently have are apparently getting hard to find.

adamw89_2000
11-30-2011, 12:04 AM
how many wire did you have to splice into and find on the truck to make your unit work? im wondering how hard they r to find and how much of the dash ill have to rip out... u dont happen to have any more pics of the install or anything do you? i wanna know as much info as possible as i think i might b able to attempt this. im not the best at it stuff. programming and what all but i think i may be able to try this....

adamw89_2000
11-30-2011, 12:11 AM
next ? any pics of how u mounted all this equipement? im looking at each item you used and this is alot of this to crame in behind the dash.. such as the computer, part for the radio, part for internet... is this all behind the dash and do u have problems with no reception... radio wise, internet.. and etc.

guruerror
11-30-2011, 02:50 AM
I've been looking for my pics everywhere...I took a lot to document the airbag work and the PC install, but I can't find them any where.

The Mini fits in the old airbag housing...it's actually the only bit that's in that section of the dash (besides the second display). *The hubs are mounted where the OnStar unit was. *The radio module is mounted in the console and connects to the factory antenna...no reception problems. And my 4G modem is mounted inside the passenger-side pillar.

The only wire I had to tap into was the one coming off the steering column that carries the steering wheel control signal. Everything else you need is in the radio wiring harness and can be connected to with the standard GM harness adapter (the same one that is used to install any standard aftermarket head unit).

You'll probably need to take the majority of your dash apart to complete this install...except the bit where the defrosters a are...lol.

adamw89_2000
11-30-2011, 03:16 AM
i was reading on the mp3 forum... very knowledagble people there! lol but im leaning towards the idea of a tablet! instead of the car pc..... id advise everyone to read up...

guruerror
11-30-2011, 03:22 AM
i was reading on the mp3 forum... very knowledagble people there! lol but im leaning towards the idea of a tablet! instead of the car pc..... id advise everyone to read up...
The only problem I can see with a tablet PC (providing you can find a way to cleanly mount it) is how you'd link it's power supply to the harness to get the ignition signal; so it automatically turns on/off with the vehicle.

adamw89_2000
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
i think i could come up with a mount no doubt, im going to keep reading and hopefully stumble across some of the answers we would like to see. as far as you setup goes, where do u put your dvds and things in like that at? is that on the mini computer itself or fo you have to get a seperate drive for that as well? an if you had a tablet, could u even use dvds?

guruerror
11-30-2011, 04:34 PM
...where do u put your dvds and things in like that at? is that on the mini computer itself or fo you have to get a seperate drive for that as well? an if you had a tablet, could u even use dvds?
I'm glad you asked...as I forgot to mention this. I don't use ANY optical media. Given that I was installing this in an off-road vehicle I eliminated as many moving and/or mechanical parts as I could.

The Mini originally came with and optical DVD (built-in) and a mechanical hard drive. I removed the optical drive and replaced the mechanical hard disk with a solid state unit.

All of my music is stored as MP3s on the internal hard drive. To add new tracks I simply put them on a flash drive, insert the flash drive into the USB port which I placed on my dashboard, and touch the Import button in CF's Library.

For movies I typically use a Patriot Magnum 128GB flash drive which plugs in to a USB port that I placed in the console box. This drive holds about 25 DVDs, so I can always have a selection of my son's favorite movies available for him to watch. For 'road trips' I use a 1TB LaCie Rugged external, mechanical hard drive in lieu of the smaller flash drive...the LaCie holds about 200 DVDs. At one point one of the CF programmers had developed a Hulu app for a previous version of CF...I'm hoping that he updates it for the latest version. Having Hulu available in the truck almost made my portables unnecessary.

Others on the CF forum have DVD/Bluray drives installed. Some in the dash, some in the glove box...search around on the CF and mp3car forum and you'll find more info. To use a optical disc with a tablet you'd probably have to use an external drive.

How do you envision mounting the tablet? The smallest Windows tablets I've seen is the HP Slate at 8.9"...I think that'll be a tad too big for the headunit opening; and maybe too wide overall to fit in the internal framework of the dash.

adamw89_2000
12-01-2011, 12:54 AM
hadnt got to the details on how to mount it yet, i would prob mount it in the stock radio location, u could always turn them long ways... you could leave it width wise and i could always do some fiberglass work to make the bezel wide enough.. just some ideas... i wouldnt have to have a dvd drive but, i would like one when needed.... also ive got a ton of questions i will b asking on the forums cause im a total noob at all of this but not retarded so i think i can pull it off. i like the idea of the nicer screens a tablet has and of course price over the carpc.. less wiring... less everything except fabrication( which i happen to do bodywork and paint so thats easy for me) i want a dvd drive, be able to listen to the radio, use internet, weather navigation, hook up my back headrest monitors to it. thats pretty much all i need my system to do...

guruerror
12-01-2011, 01:21 AM
hadnt got to the details on how to mount it yet, i would prob mount it in the stock radio location, u could always turn them long ways... you could leave it width wise and i could always do some fiberglass work to make the bezel wide enough.. just some ideas... i wouldnt have to have a dvd drive but, i would like one when needed.... also ive got a ton of questions i will b asking on the forums cause im a total noob at all of this but not retarded so i think i can pull it off. i like the idea of the nicer screens a tablet has and of course price over the carpc.. less wiring... less everything except fabrication( which i happen to do bodywork and paint so thats easy for me) i want a dvd drive, be able to listen to the radio, use internet, weather navigation, hook up my back headrest monitors to it. thats pretty much all i need my system to do...
Sweet...if you're good at fiberglass fabrication you can really hook it up. I taught myself how to do it when I did my second screen.

Some thoughts:

One concern about tablets would be 'sunlight readability.' If it's a capacitive touchscreen (like the iPad) it's going to have a terrible glare. Also, if you use a tablet your only screen dimming options maybe gamma adjustment (which CF can do), but carpc touchscreens typically have a sunlight sensor and automatically dim when the ambient light dims.

Do you already have the rear headrest monitors? If they are composite input you may run a problem in general because you'll need a composite out from the tablet/pc and that is becoming hard to find.

The DVD player addition shouldn't be difficult...mount that sucker in the OnStar location.

adamw89_2000
12-01-2011, 02:11 AM
yea i was reading something on mp3 forum about the readability of the tablets... they have got some new technology out there now on the newer ones thats supposed to be very good in sunlight??? my trucks tinited very good so that should help... fiberglassing wont be a problem... my back headrest i think are the composite input??? not sure what that means.... i only have a reg 6 disk up front so the back headrest r independent of each other.. dvd in onstar location is good idea....

glennf1
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow! Very nice! Question though.. isn't that in front of the passenger airbag? I'm assuming you just leave it off judging by the pic so you don't have a monitor flying at you at 200mph in the event of a crash! :giggling:

adamw89_2000
12-01-2011, 01:22 PM
yes you leave the airbags out so in the event "god forbid it happens" you wreck. theres not objects being thrown into u..

adamw89_2000
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
guruerror, one question.... if i want to be able to use these devices along side my tablet lets say dvd, wifi, etc.. how am i hooking all these up to the tablet? theres not nearly enough ports or usb on them things to support multiple devices

guruerror
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow! Very nice! Question though.. isn't that in front of the passenger airbag? I'm assuming you just leave it off judging by the pic so you don't have a monitor flying at you at 200mph in the event of a crash! :giggling:
For my install I took the airbag module completely out. It's in a cabinet in my garage.

I bought a blown airbag module and stripped it down to the metal housing (the part that holds the air canister inside the dash) and used the housing as a mounting bracket to hold the the PC. The airbag switch is still on my dash as a 'place holder.' Eventually I will fabricate a plate with a on/off switch for the second display and a headphone jack for passenger audio.

...and before anyone chimes in about how 'dangerous' it is to not have airbags, blah, blah, blah...don't. I MIGHT agree if this was a some sporty, little, convertible number...but it's not...its a big, fat truck. And I don't wear seat belts or helmets either! LOL!

guruerror, one question.... if i want to be able to use these devices along side my tablet lets say dvd, wifi, etc.. how am i hooking all these up to the tablet? theres not nearly enough ports or usb on them things to support multiple devices
Well, your wifi and bluetooth should be built-in to a tablet; but for everything else you'll need to shove those USB hubs in your dash...make all the ports you need. And I would recommend going with smaller hubs...I actually needed about 6 extra ports, but I went with two 4 port hubs instead of the single 8 port unit. Why? Because the 4 port hubs were shorter and I could easily stack two in the space where OnStar was, but the 8 would have been too long to fit.

The Moxa hubs I bought are kinda pricy...but StarTech makes and industrial hub that is WAY cheaper and offers 7 ports in a very small size. http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Mountable-Rugged-Industrial-ST7200USBM/dp/B003AVPUZG I used one of these before buying the Moxas, but it gave me a problem one winter when the temperature consistently dropped below the 'recommended operating temperature' of the hub. It wouldn't turn on until it warmed up a bit...so I eventually went with the pricier Moxas and haven't had a problem since.

06 SUT
01-24-2012, 03:29 AM
PM Sent