PDA

View Full Version : Rear tire carrier specs/dimensions

dbrunner78
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Anybody have the tech specs for one? Might sound kinda nuts but I'm Looking into just having one built. I have some local fab facilities that are willing to help me out possibly if I can come up with the specs. Thx.

guruerror
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't know if this helps any, but the part number is GM 25954417 and here's an exploded diagram: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=3053567&ukey_assembly=392487&ukey_make=1027&ukey_model=14605&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=15497&modelYear=2005

Have you checked eBay? There's four or five on there now at or under $500. I searched for "h2 tire carrier". I'm thinking it would be easier to just go with an OEM carrier.

dbrunner78
12-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Well, lets just say that it would be significantly cheaper, kind of a you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back kind of deal. Long story short, the company I work for does most all (about 95%) of the Non-destructive testing (weld inspection) for the fabrication shop that I'm looking at. I know some of the guys there and I could probably get one built for the price of the material and a case of beer. :beerchug:

guruerror
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Well, lets just say that it would be significantly cheaper, kind of a you scratch my back and I'll scratch your back kind of deal. Long story short, the company I work for does most all (about 95%) of the Non-destructive testing (weld inspection) for the fabrication shop that I'm looking at. I know some of the guys there and I could probably get one built for the price of the material and a case of beer. :beerchug:
I gotcha...makes sense now; plus you could customize it a bit; raise, tilt the wheel, etc.