PDA

View Full Version : front wiper motor replacement

Hellz
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
so my wiper motor is making some annoying sounds when used. it still works, just i think its on its last legs.

i have been pricing a new one, but i see prices from 130ish to 400.
i have no problems ordering it online, but would rather pick up locally so i can take care of this today.

what i want to know is, is the wiper motor repalceable with another vehicles wiper motor? i checked out an avalanch, but its a different part.

i figure someone here has to know!

also, FYI..

i called a dealership, and also Hummer to find out if my H2 is covered on the recall for the wiper motor, and both say it is not.

guruerror
12-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I did some poking around on this GM parts site, http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2864755&ukey_assembly=392556&ukey_make=1027&ukey_model=14605&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=2005, and it looks like both the motor and the motor module are specific to H2s. Even when I Googled the part numbers the only vehicle specifics that come up in the links are for H2s.

Part #19120867 (Windshield wiper MOTOR)
Part #15910773 (Windshield wiper motor MODULE)

Hellz
12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
ya thats what i came up with as well.

im just wondering if i can pull a motor off another vehicle and isntall it in the H2 and work just fine.. of course with all the existing features we have..

guruerror
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
The problem you'll likely to run into is how the motor mounts to the H2's arm assembly. I would imagine that our whole assembly is unique given the positioning of our windshield and the necessary adjustments that would need to be made to mount such under the cowl.