PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure monitoring system issue

Wibs
01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi, according to the label on the door jam, the cold tire pressure for the 2008 H2 is 42 psi.

If your cold tire has a pressure of 42 psi then why do I get a warning saying that the tire pressure is low ?

After I inflated the tire to around 48 psi, the warning is still there....or do I need to inflate it even higher ?

Is there a reset button that you have to push after you inflate the tire ?

Any thoughts ?

HUMTECH
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM
after you have adjusted tire pressure take the truck for a drive over 40 kmh for 2 minutes, if light does not go out you likely have a faulty sensor at the wheel indicating low pressure. Make sure you check all tire pressures, if you had a rotation done and the sensors were not relearned the low tire data displayed will be for the wrong tire. refer to your owners manual on how to relearn tpm sensor location.

2010_5thgen
01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
remember that as the tire warms up, the pressure will rise. dont put too much in. but i know that on my camaro, the pressure sensor takes a few seconds to readjust to the new pressure. if it still hasnt changed after drving it a few seconds, or the car running for a few minutes, then you probably have a bad sensor.