PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem 2003 H2

deathshead67
01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Yesterday I pulled into my driveway and i threw it into park real quick. I noticed that all of the lights in the Hummer H2 2003 never came on. I went to start the truck and everything was dead (no power). I tried the ignition again and the truck started but all of my preset stations were erased. The next morning I go to start the truck and its dead. Try it again a second later and the truck starts. Then I take off and while driving on the highway the radio and blower went out and then came back on.(I also think the seat adjustment rebooted also). The truck never shut off, I just lost power to the circuit. Now its happening all the time, I park the truck put it in park get out of the truck go to use the remote to lock the doors and behold ...no power. I get in the truck and it starts a few seconds later. What gives? ignition switch,neutral switch, loose wire or bad relay??? The only thing I did last month was put in HID's but the battery is not dead and i don't need to jump start the truck.

deathshead67
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Someone told me check the remote start relays. I think it is the stock remote start.

[__--MUD--__]
01-18-2012, 04:33 AM
did you have to run a new power feed to the HID's?

My Starr HIDS wireharness was assembled w/ a couple wires crossed, was powering the relays full time.

My rig did the exact same **** your describing when I lost a cell or two in my battery. Some time it would run great for a week, others i could drive it, run into a store for 15 minutes and it be piss dead. It would appear as if the battery was fully charged, turn the key and just click. Thought my starter was going out for a bit...That was an Optima Yellow Top to! These new optimas as **** compared to what they were 10 years ago.

HUMTECH
01-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I agree with MUD def have battery tested. Check for loose grounds. Check battery connections. Check engine light coming on? Double check hid connections and make sure wiring is not grounding out somewhere. Many things could cause these issues

glennf1
01-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Don't forget ground straps, they can really cause wierd things when not put back on after service work.