PDA

View Full Version : Pass. mirror stopped moving

cecil-1
01-19-2012, 03:34 AM
I have my passenger side mirror set to tilt down when you shift to reverse and about a week ago i noticed it doesn't do this anymore. I tried to adjust it with the mirror switch and that doesn't move it either but still operates the drivers side just fine. Does anyone know an easy way to test the mirror? Can this be the BCM acting up? The pass. side seat heater, window, and door locks still work ok.

PaHumBug
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Probably just wore out the motor because you had it set to move everytime you put it in reverse. That is a nice feature if all you do is parallel park, but I also like to see behind me when backing up.

cecil-1
01-20-2012, 03:16 AM
That is a nice feature if all you do is parallel park, but I also like to see behind me when backing up.
Thanks for the reply.

? only parallel park? Nope never I just like to see whats behind me when backin up. And I do agree it is a nice feature. I wish it still worked.

Anyone with any ideas on how to test the mirror? I thought about taking the drivers side mirror off and try it on pass. side. Anyone know if this would work?

HUMTECH
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
if the window still works on passenger side it is likely the passenger door module or the mirror motor that has failed. passenger door module recieves signal from drivers door module on class 2 data line so if the wire was broken nothing on the passenger door would work. I think the mirror connectors are the same side to side so it may be possible to try it on the other side just couldnt mount it to the door obviously.

HUMTECH
01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
BTW drivers and passenger door modules are the switch assembly in case you did not know

cecil-1
01-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks Humtech. I had thought about taking the drivers side mirror off and trying it on the pass. side but figured it might need the drivers side on as well to maybe complete a circuit or something. After reading your post I went out and gave it a try and the drivers side mirror didn't work off the pass. side harness. Does that point toward the door module? Is there a way the check the pins on the module?

HUMTECH
01-24-2012, 02:47 AM
try the passenger side on the drivers door and if it works you need the module