PDA

View Full Version : Replacing compressor and air springs on 2003 H2

wrangedog
01-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I just ordered and received a replacement air ride suspension compressor from Arnott Inc. and replacement air springs from newgmparts.com. Just a quick question, Is this going to be as simple as merely swapping out the parts or am I going to need to go to the dealer to get everything reprogrammed, calibrated or at the least have the trouble code reset? Currently the compressor does not come on and the ride height button just flashes. The "service air suspension" is also displayed. The replacement compressor is the dual compressor as opposed to the original single. Thanks to all for any help.

IRA51
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Disconect the battery ,install the parts, connect the battery and chances are it will work.

HUMTECH
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
You will need to have the trim height set at the dealer or by someone who has a tech 2 scanner

HUMTECH
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Also there are new airlines for the upgrade which they hopefully sent you. Did new compressor come with new control module? If not the single stage module will not work with the dual stage setup

wrangedog
01-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys, the compressor came with new lines, however I did not get the control module, which makes sense that i'll need.

wrangedog
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know if the control module for the updated dual compressor for an '03 is the same as a later model H2, like an '05 or so?

HUMTECH
01-27-2012, 04:31 AM
As far as i know all dual stage modules are the same. Also never try to have someone program one, one time write only and if you program it no longer will work. Okay to set trim heaight with tech 2 just cant do any software updates