PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the cigarette lighter?

jsbihn
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
It is just that simple.
I have the front radio fascia off my 03 h2, and I am trying to remove one of the cigarette lighters from the hole and surround.

I have been working on this for the last 30 minutes, and I am thinking there is no way it can be this hard

guruerror
02-16-2012, 07:42 PM
If I remember right...it's two separate pieces. The metal socket and a hard plastic sleeve. The sleeve goes in first then the metal socket slides in and pushes the little 'ears' out to lock the whole thing in place against the backside of the fascia, at the same time little clips also grip the socket to hold it in place.

To remove you have to insert a tool (I used a small flathead screwdriver) in the socket (carefully...to avoid the 12v handshake...lol). There should be little square holes on inside of the socket where the clips from sleeve grip the socket. Push the clips back through the holes and the socket should start to pop out of the sleeve. Once out the sleeve comes right out as well.

jsbihn
02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Did you find it difficult to get out?
A real struggle or did it come out easy?

guruerror
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
The first couple times it was a pain...sometimes it's easier to just brace the 'bezel' (previously referred to as the 'sleeve') on the front and then push the 'receptacle' (previously referred to as the 'socket') through from the back...with a bit of force.

Check this out (items 25, 26, and 52):
http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=392259&ukey_make=1027&ukey_model=14605&modelYear=2005&ukey_category=19401&ukey_driveLine=0&ukey_TrimLevel=15497&ukey_modelRange=0&searchString=