PDA

View Full Version : Headliner removal?

jsbihn
02-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Has anyone removed the headliner ?
If so, how do you do it?

I am looking to install my emergency flashers and feel the best way to run the wire is in the roof then out around the same spot that the rear gate's wires come out

jsbihn
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
ANYONE??

[__--MUD--__]
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Everything that is fastened, needs to be removed. Pretty much all the plastic trim from the front to the back, visors, handles, overhead console, etc... Just look at it, if its covering up any part of the headliner, it needs to be removed.

I'd just remove the trim on the a-piller and try to fish your wires back before ****ing around w/ pulling the entire headliner out.

SkiUtah
02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
If you have a fishtape I would try using that first before trying to remove the whole thing. You can get a cheap one at Lowes or Home Depot. It may take a few tries but I would imagine it would still take less time than taking the headliner out.

jsbihn
02-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Good Idea.
I didnt think of that. I just figured I would be getting into alot of wires and such, but I guess there really isnt going to be much up there

glennf1
02-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Newer H2's I believe have the curtain airbags in the headliner so be careful not to run the wires under these which will keep the airbag from coming down.