PDA

View Full Version : roof lights. opinion needed

zdawg8394
02-19-2012, 10:25 PM
just had a orange piece fall out of the a pillar so i checked the drivers side marker light and sure enough the tab towards the front has snapped off.( probably the guy who installed my o/r lights didnt think to tell me!) but anyways should i replace just that one or get the recon black kit?

ive been thinking about the black marker lights, guess this would be a good time to do it.

how hard is the install. what it the best brand out there? and will the amber and red look like crap comming from the black covers?

Humdingah
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I've had both the Recon clear cab lights and the smoked versions. The clear ones yellowed after a few years of being in the sun so Recon replaced them with the smoked versions. The smoked look good and I put in LEDs so both the amber and red are bright and the right color when the lights are on.

Install takes a Phillips screw driver and a small flathead for the three smaller 'inner' lights.

Hope that helps,

Dan

s_c5519
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
I had one of the tabs snap on me too. I used clear silicon caulk around it, and it sealed it just fine...

When you put the smoked lenses on, depending on where and what brand you buy, the color might be pinkish instead of red. I had to go through mant different brands of leds to find a redder one,,, but in the end the color still didnt look as good as the factory red...

I think I have a post on here somewhere from a few years back with the led part #'s I found to be a good color red. I might do my new H2 with them (smoked) again,,, I'll report back if so...

zdawg8394
02-21-2012, 02:40 AM
i just stuck a piece of 3m tape on it for now.. i may just put a new amber lense back on. im pretty sure the different color would drive me nuts