PDA

View Full Version : Battery issue maybe....

Wibs
02-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Hi, I live in Toronto, Canada, and yesterday tried to start my 08 H2.....it wouldn't start....it crank once, and after that there is no more sound when you turn the ignition....

The H2 is kept inside my condominium garage, the last time time I drove the H2 was back in Dec 24 of last year.

Since then I usually heat-up the H2 and drive it around the condo garage once every 3 weeks.

I think the battery is dead....

Any ideas of what kind of a battery that is good for the H2 ?

If I need to replace it, is there any special procedure that I need to know in regards to removal of the dead battery and the installation of the new battery ?

Thank you.

twr
02-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Hi you need to charge the battery then test it to see whats wrong. It may just need to be charged driving it for a few minutes in the underground is not going to charge it. If their is any wall outlets down their put a small 10 amp charger on it over night then test it. If you find the battery does not pass a load and hydrometer but their is enough power in it for the Ing. lights, ac panel and the radio to come on but not start the truck and you are going to replace the battery. Turn the Ing. to the On position then turn the Radio and AC controls to off then turn the Ing. back to the off position before you disconnect the battery termials because the AC and Radio could lose the memory and go into default mode. It would mean a trip to the dealer if it goes into default mode.