PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!!!! (electrical)

jsbihn
02-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, here is my situation.
I have a 03 H2 and I am trying to get a few things wired in.
First situation is:
I am replacing one of my cigarette lighters/ 12V outlets in the front with a switch for my emergency flashers.

I have everything set and wired, test the leads and they are dead. No juice.
It is the 12V / cigarette lighter closest to the driver. So I am wondering if it is a bad fuse, but who knows. So I am looking for the fuse box and I can not find the inside electrical fuse box. the only fuse box I have seen is the one in the engine bay. If that is the only one, ok which fuse is the fuse I need to pull. Anyone have a pic or something that shows me where the fuse box is?

Second situation is:
I have finished installing an aftermarket amp to the stock Bose stereo. So I am troubled coming up with a good place to ground the amp and to also ground the PAC adapter. I am placing the amp under the rear drivers seat so I would like to have a grounding point close to there. As for the PAC adapter, it is in the dash so I would like to have a ground point in that area.

I appreciate any help you can come up with.
Thanks

Easy Ed
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Page 6-60 in the owners manual will show you the fuse locations.

http://www.hummer.com/content/dam/hummer/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Owners/Owner_Resources/Manuals/en/us/2003/h2/2003-hummer-h2-owners-manual.pdf

jsbihn
02-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Thanks Ed,
I figure it had to be similar to most of the GM trucks out there in design. Just didnt want to start ripping things apart to find something.

Any ideas on good ground points?

Easy Ed
02-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Sorry, cannot help ya with the grounds much. I was alway told the shortest and fatest wire for grounding.

I once had subs in the back of mine and had the spare tire out to make room for them and there was one bolt that was welded in to hold the jack down I think, I used 4 gauge wire and attached it to that bolt plus I also ran 4 gauge wire all the way to under the hood to a fuse block then to the battery.

After a couple years of it and losing my hearing I decided to take it out and gave it to my daughter :D

Best of luck with yours, Ed

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/esheri/HUMMER%20H2/Hummer067.jpg

Hellz
02-25-2012, 06:45 AM
you can create a ground anywhere....

my recommendation is if you have your amp someplace in the back, either pull up the carpeting and sand off the paint in a small area about the size of a quarter, and use a self taping screw and use that as the ground.

otherwise, you can pull off the side panels and find a spot in there, and do the same thing. you might be able to use an existing bolt, but you will still need to sand it down to bare metal.

another option, you can run a ground cable from the engine compartment all the way to your amp. using the holes in the firewall, and pulling up the sill panels and routing under the carpet.

as for the fuse box.. there is the main fuse housing in the engin compartment right in front of the battery. pull the top off and you can access those fuses.

the other fuse box is inside the cabin.
open the drivers door, and on the side of the dash in where the fuse box is located. should have a recessed point where you can pull the panel off and access the fuses in there. on the cover that was pulled off should be a diagram of what fuses are where, and the rating for each.