PDA

View Full Version : Dynotech headers question

rogco
03-01-2012, 04:12 AM
I have an 07 h2. I have the famous gm exhaust manifold leak so why not put some long tube headers on. So I was looking at the dynotechs and it says the 07 is a 6.2lt engine so do I just order those or should I order the ones for 03-06 for my 6.0ltr engine. Also haven't seen any talk on here about OBX headers seen other car/truck forums and they seem to be worth it also any personal input from people you know and any power out of the

Hellz
03-01-2012, 08:11 AM
well if you have an 07 H2..that has the 6.0l engine in it..
so you will need headers that matchs up with your engine.

2010_5thgen
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
i dont know why manufacturers dont realize the 6.0 is in the 07 too. just because the escalade and denali got the 6.2 in 07 they think the hummer did too. i actually called a company about this issue for their product before. they told me the testing was done on the 6.0 and 6.2 but they had no testing done on a 07 6.0........WTF does that mean?!?!?!

as far as OBX, my dad has them on his 06 vette. nice setup. sounds good. not as loud as other brands. maybe thats from the cats installed? i dont know. but the O2 sensors are alot further away on his setup than the stock o2 sensors were. he had to buy extentions for the sensor. still a nice kit. alot of people sont liek them because their a knock off of kooks headers....but i dont care. their nice....and really cheap. about the price that kooks hjeaders should be at instead of 2k a set.

2010_5thgen
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
well if you have an 07 H2..that has the 6.0l engine in it..
so you will need headers that matchs up with your engine.
6.2 headers should be the same. ive seen people use 6.0 headers on a 5.7....their all similar. some exactly the same.

charles06
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I have the Dynatech headers. One of the best mods I've done.

tyler1bo
03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Dang it y'all make me want some Dynatechs :/

rogco
03-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Well if heard nothing but good about dynatechs. So just order the 03-06 series and I should be good. But at the same time the price of the OBX and so far good reviews and I know there are bad reviews too but there are always haters. I could get I OBX and a cat back set up for the price of dyna's

2010_5thgen
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
i havent heard anything bad about OBX other than their a knock off brand. i would never spend dynatech money on my hummer. my camaro is a different story. but for the hummer, obx would be just fine. even headman headers. they have good stuff.

rogco
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Another question is since OBX doesn't run cats they run resonaters is that going to hurt performance or have that evil popping sound .

rogco
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
5th gen. When you dad put his OBX headers on since they run resonators instead of cats did it cause a code from the o2sensers

[__--MUD--__]
03-02-2012, 03:08 AM
resonators make the raspy noise, muffler will cut most of it out. Will sound like **** w/ out a muffler.

Your going to want to program the ecm for long tubes- You'll loose some torque on the low end of you dont. It will scream on the highend though.

rogco
03-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Yea I'm deffently running a muffler either a Gibson or magnaflow

2010_5thgen
03-02-2012, 02:48 PM
5th gen. When you dad put his OBX headers on since they run resonators instead of cats did it cause a code from the o2sensers
i think it did, but he had it tuned out.
i would recommend taking it to a custom tune shop and having the car programmed for the headers and the codes. best way to maximize your investment.

LoJac963
03-16-2012, 02:20 AM
i dont know why manufacturers dont realize the 6.0 is in the 07 too. just because the escalade and denali got the 6.2 in 07 they think the hummer did too. i actually called a company about this issue for their product before. they told me the testing was done on the 6.0 and 6.2 but they had no testing done on a 07 6.0........WTF does that mean?!?!?!

as far as OBX, my dad has them on his 06 vette. nice setup. sounds good. not as loud as other brands. maybe thats from the cats installed? i dont know. but the O2 sensors are alot further away on his setup than the stock o2 sensors were. he had to buy extentions for the sensor. still a nice kit. alot of people sont liek them because their a knock off of kooks headers....but i dont care. their nice....and really cheap. about the price that kooks hjeaders should be at instead of 2k a set.

This comment is awesome in my mind. My last vehicle was an 06 GTO and I swear to god if you even mentioned OBX on the goat forums it was blasphemy. If you didn't put Kooks on your LS2 you were exiled from every forum online lol. So the GTO guys would constantly talk crap about OBX but then in the same reply talk about all the vette guys who run them without any issues.......If OBX holds up to the torque and twisting of a vette then for sure they can handle a GTO and without a doubt an H2. Just my opinions. I personally never see the difference in spending thousands of dollars vs a few hundred for headers-for what a different collector or connecting joint?

rogco
03-18-2012, 04:47 AM
so another question what the best studs and gaskets to use . i heard stock OEM gaskets to use . what aout studs get new OEM ones too