PDA

View Full Version : How to pull DIC codes?

jsbihn
03-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Anyone know how to pull the PIC codes from the 03 H2?

I mean the dash looks similar to my 99 Vette and I know that I can run the codes and reset them by pushing a certain combo of buttons on the dash.

I am sure it is the same on the H2, just would like to know how

glennf1
03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
You need to pull them from the OBD II port. I just go to Advance Auto and borrow their scanner for free. Most auto parts places do this.

jsbihn
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Really?
I thought there was a way to push certain buttons to get the display on your dash to show you

(ie. My Vette - You push and hold down the "option" button while pressing the "fuel" button 4 times. This gives you all the codes in the system. Then you just hit "reset" to reset them. If they are real continuing codes they will keep popping up. If not, they will clear)

Indy
03-04-2012, 10:49 PM
NO shortcut on the H2 sadly. You need an OBD2 scanner...

Rico001
03-04-2012, 11:14 PM
AutoZone will also do the codes for free and give you a print out and make a history on your account to keep track of them~Richard

cecil-1
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I picked up a bluetooth OBD2 reader from e-bay for about $25. They link to a smart phone, notebook, tablet and you can check and clear codes.
You can also check real time data from most sensors. I like it. Cheap way to check and clear codes on any of my cars without driving to a shop. If you have an android base phone check out TORQUE engine management in the market. $4 app and is much better than the program that came with the bluetooth reader.

glennf1
03-13-2012, 02:22 AM
I just ordered the bluetooth obd II scanner! It'll be nice to do some of these things in the driveway now!