PDA

View Full Version : I think I am having some electrical issues

H2duramax
03-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Ok so for the last couple days my 2008 h2 has been having some issues, the recycled air light flashes on and off while driving down the road and the flow from the a/c seems to surge as well. Today I have had a new problem with the factory stereo, my wife and I drove to an appointment downtown with no problems, but when we left the radio would not play. The unit had power and went through the motions but it was like there was no connection to the speakers. It tried am/fm, xm, cd, and the DVD player. No sound at all. Powered it on and off several times on the hour drive home and no change. I went out to the truck a little while after I got home and now it plays fine.
So what do y'all think? Anyone else had anything like these happen?

s_c5519
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Could be the dealer doing voodoo on you. They probably just read your post about getting a free duramax from them... :shhh: :giggling: ;)

fyr145
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok so for the last couple days my 2008 h2 has been having some issues, the recycled air light flashes on and off while driving down the road and the flow from the a/c seems to surge as well. Today I have had a new problem with the factory stereo, my wife and I drove to an appointment downtown with no problems, but when we left the radio would not play. The unit had power and went through the motions but it was like there was no connection to the speakers. It tried am/fm, xm, cd, and the DVD player. No sound at all. Powered it on and off several times on the hour drive home and no change. I went out to the truck a little while after I got home and now it plays fine.
So what do y'all think? Anyone else had anything like these happen?

My guess might be that you have a bad ground connection someplace. Usually when electrical issues are present, they are either blown fuses due to some kind of short in the circut or a poor ground connection that disables things without any damage to the item itself. Check all your connections that involve the stereo and look for any looseness in either the connector or the wire itself. A ground wire could also be touching something hot as well. Best of luck.

twr
03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi is their any aftermarket interfaces hooked to the radio, like for a ipod? If not the amp may be a problem and not have turned on.

H2duramax
03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. The situation has fixed itself for the time being. Hopefully there are no recurances. The radio is the factory nav unit, so there is nothing aftermarket that could have been causing the problem.