PDA

View Full Version : ECM problem during Magna SC install

mralexx
03-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Just got a call from my shop performing my Magna Supercharger install. Said they are not able to reflash my ecm due to a flash that is currently on it. Had it towed to a GM dealer to get it programmed to factory specs. Later found out the GM dealer can't reflash to factory. Was told I had to replace ecm $500 parts plus $250 in labor. Has anybody came across this?

glennf1
03-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Check out www.blackbearperformance.com and see if they can reflash your computer. I know they are known around the web for their GM computer tuning.

H2R
03-08-2012, 02:41 PM
IMO something happened. I have never had a problem with my supercharger kit, install or otherwise. Nelson Performance might be able to help though.

HUMTECH
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Do you have a remote starter wired in? Many tap into the class 2 data line and interfere with programming. Need to disconnect wire tapped into class 2 and then program.

mralexx
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I purchased it used so I have no idea of it's previous mods or history, I decided to go ahead and replace the ecm and get it reprogrammed. Maybe something went wrong with the install and the shop sold me a lame ass story. I'll find out when I pick it up.

mralexx
03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Humtech,

No remote start is wired in, from what Im aware of.

HUMTECH
03-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Can also kill an ecm if the battery dies during programming

H2R
03-09-2012, 04:58 AM
This is a new issue with it being "used". model years have different parts/programs/set ups for the same Supercharger kit. Do you have all the proper components for your model year? For example the 2003 has an external fuel pump, while a 2005 requires the intank pump to be replaced (these parts form components of the kit). Could you confirm that the kit came from the same model year as yours? Also for any reason programming is interupted or loss of power occurs (while programming) you could make the ecm unusable.

mralexx
03-09-2012, 07:41 AM
I purchased the magna charger new from autoanything.com, the h2 was purchased use sorry for the mix up. I spoke with the GM dealer and got a hold of the service rep who I always took my Escalade to. He told me the ecm works fine with the current setup, just would not take the reflash. I should have the rig back tomorrow I'll let you all know how it is. BTW any input on transmission upgrades? I live in Washington, any reputable shops in Tacoma or Seattle?

H2R
03-09-2012, 08:22 AM
For the transmission there are many things you can do. All I have done was install the corvette servos to firm up the shift a little, installed an oversized tranny cooler, and a larger tranny oil pan to keep my Trans temp to around 150 degrees all the time. With you living in Washington I would think you may need a thermostat for the tranny oil though. BTW never had a transmission problem.

mralexx
03-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Finally got it in, big difference from 3k-5k rpm. Digging the "whine!" Next up is a lift/rims tires, headers, and gearing. Rancho lift plus truxx keys fit 40s no rub?

H2R
03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
THAT LOOKS FAST!:fdance:
and I am now promoted as well.

mralexx
03-12-2012, 09:25 PM
haha the **** looks fast but that's about it, I'm sure it'll help towing some toys. Duramax conversion would be bad ****ing ass, maybe down the road. BTW your rig is clean!

H2R
03-13-2012, 02:03 AM
For me I think the supercharger was the best modification I had done. Its there when you need it and hides when you dont. I think this is part of a package deal in upgrades. Doing the other mods that support this made the diffference, a good decision for me. I just am either lucky or the changes I made have helped to eliminate other potential problems from happening. Enjoy and Thanks!