PDA

View Full Version : DRL mod help

jsbihn
03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Ok I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my DRL mod.
I have the lights in auto (with little orange light on panel out), lights are off.
I have the lights in auto (with light orange light on panel on), the fogs are on.

The only time that the headlights came on with the fogs was when I turned the switch to the top (two clicks up - last position).

I also had to have the truck in gear for all this to occur.
Well except for the last one.

What is wrong?
I am pretty sure my relays are working correctly since I connected them to power and could hear them clicking.

I did it exactly the way the mod shows to do so
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11346&highlight=drl+mod

What is wrong or what exactly are they suppose to do?
I was under the impression that basically you have your headlights and fog lights on at all times. Or does it work differently?

SUT-UP
03-16-2012, 01:58 AM
If im reading this right, you did the small wire jumping in the fuse box?
If so......

Your fogs are now always on with the PARKING lights. When i say parking lights i mean your tails, ambers corners, license plate,and clearance lights? When your parking lights are on your fogs will be. The reason the fogs stay on when your headlights turn on is because your parking lights are on with the headlights. Your headlights will still only come on when the switch is turned to ON or the light sensor turns them on due to darkness. All lights; parking, fog, and headlights will be on when switch is turned to ON or sensor turns headlights on. Otherwise it will just be your fogs and clearance lights.

jsbihn
03-16-2012, 11:47 AM
So this mod does do anything about having the fogs on when the headlights or on, or vise versa during the day? (disregarding turning them all "on")
It just lights the fogs up with the rest of the aux lights?

And the fogs and aux light now are suppose to light up during the day?
If this is correct then, with my lights on auto why does nothing light up?
If I click auto with the little orange light on the switch lit, the fogs and aux light do turn on.

So is this correct?

jsbihn
03-19-2012, 01:28 AM
????????

guruerror
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Did you use the straight wire, or a diode (as mentioned by Mango in post #25... http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11346&page=2&highlight=drl )?

jsbihn
03-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Just did the wire mod as stated in the picture link attached.

I was just wanting a mod that has the headlights and fog lights on as a DRL

SUT-UP
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
To my knowledge, this is not the correct mod for you then. You need a wire jump from your DRL to your main lamps. I can't accurately see which fuse it is, nor do I know if the amperage would be similar enough for it to safely work.

guruerror
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
SUT-UP may be correct...this may not be the mod you're looking for. The 'DRL Mod' is designed to keep you DRLs on when your headlights are on by providing them power from the parking lights.

It was not designed to turn your headlights into DRLs...if you want your headlights on in the day time, why not just turn the headlights on...with the switch...on the dashboard..?