PDA

View Full Version : LED Light Replacement and Headlight options

Joe
03-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Considering replacing my lights with LED's. The original's are starting to look dull, dim and generally dated. Curious of what recommendations there are for LED options. I've seen tons on eBay and perhaps they are perfect but figured I check opinions.

Also, what are the good options for headlights these days as well.

Again, thanks in advance.

Lucky1
03-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Leds are hit or miss when it comes to quality and color. They may be marked as the same color but most times different manufacturers have a slight variance in color as opposed to another manufacturer. Certain brands are brighter and have a cleaner light as well. I have been through tons of manufacturers Leds to find the right brightness and the purest color. What lights do you want to change exactly ?

LoJac963
03-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I alway swap my interior and exterior bulbs for LED's on almost all my vehicles. I usually buy from reputable US companies but this time around for the H2 I did a little ebay research and ordered online. Each bulb was roughly 1/3 the cost of the US based bulbs and I haven't had a single issue with them. The entire interior are arctic/cool white so the white is a very crisp white while also actually lighting up the interior to see what you're doing at night.

Let me see if I can dig up the part numbers. The only lights I couldn't replace were the small lights in the vanity mirrors. The way the bulbs are held in is by the actual glass of the bulb which makes using LED's useless because I used all SMD LED's.

Joe
03-25-2012, 05:20 AM
yes. looking at replacing all lights honestly. No specific immediate need.

charles06
03-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Just want to give you fair warning on this: although the lights look way nicer, be prepared to replace bulbs often and not get things perfect the first time. I used a reputable company, and mine still burn out. It's not really a big deal, but it'll drive you nuts if you're anal. Also, you have to get the resistance right, or you'll have some funky things happen. For example, my front dome lights are riculously bright when I open the doors, but if you click the button with the doors close, they give a small flicker and don't come on. I can only turn them on with the brightness control for the dash lights, but that turns everything on. At one point, I had a different style in the domes, but they weren't bright, and as you clicked more lights on, they got dimmer.